Upgrade to 1.2 smooth, but no new stats

IMPORTANT: before doing the test above, please UPDATE your piwik/piwik.js with the SVN Trunk version, which fixes an important issue with a few JS libraries!! the new file is at: http://dev.piwik.org/svn/trunk/piwik.js

please overwrite your existing piwik/piwik.js and then do the test again. This might actually fix it for a few of you, but not sure if it will fix it for all.

all of my sites used Mootools

anurodhp, so hopefuly the new piwik.js fixes all tracking issues in your case?

I’ve just installed the new piwik.js on my Piwik root… I will be back (:P)

Hi Matt,

I notice with mine that stats have now appeared on 5 out of the 9.

Of those five, 4 of them are way too low. (One has like 3 visits or something according to Piwik)

However, interestinginly, the 4 that don’t work at all (ie no views even though the code is on every page) are all using this software (not an affiliate link) to create the sites. (Different topics, but this software)

http://www.affgenie.com

There is a demo of the software on that page. I suspect that the way that software handles javascript etc might provide some clues as to what the problem is with Piwik.

Second thought - The site where the stats are more accurate (difficult to tell exactly because I have only had Piwik installed a few days, and it counts visitors differently from Awstats anyway; but still, seems accurate) was the one installed on the domain itself.

Because I initially had issues getting stats to show, I read your faqs and saw this post about hostgator - http://piwik.org/faq/troubleshooting/#faq_100

So, because it was the the same domain I added the line you suggested in that to the code:

piwikTracker.setRequestMethod('POST');

Then it worked.

So, my second conjecture is to wonder if the way the request method is working has anything to do with the problems people are having?

[quote=HellR]
I’ve just installed the new piwik.js on my Piwik root… I will be back (:P)[/quote]

The new piwik.js is installed since 2 hours but there is no differences for me :frowning:

Fresh installation, always no new stats, I have checked FAQ and did not find solution.

IIS 7.5 (windows 2008 R2 X64)
MySQL: MySQL Essential 5.1 (installed via WebPlatformInstaller)
PHP: 5.3.5 (PDO_MYSQL) (installed via WebPlatformInstaller)
TimeZone: UTC+8

I added tracking script to a page in test site and refresh many times , also I have used noscript url to access piwik, and via fiddler, I san all http tracfic are correct (HTTP status 200) , and saw that only 2 new record were added to piwik_log_action table , and no record in piwik_log_visit .

I checked system log : no error; mysql: no error; IIS log: http status are 200.

Then I enabled Visit-Generator plugin and generated sample data, I found that 30K record were added into piwik_log_action , and still no any new record in piwik_log_visit (select count(*) = 0).

I have reinstalled 2 times , the same result.

After updated piwik.js and refreshed test from 2 client, I found that table piwik_log_visit have two new record ! and when I refresh, the PV increasing relatively. If I access the noscript image url , the PV will not increase.

When I acces the test page in 2 new clients, the table piwik_log_visit record still stop increase.

Hello
Guys,
I´m facing the same problem, after upgrade piwik to 1.1.1 my last visits
decreased. For example before update to 1.1.1 one day I had 25,000 visits
now I have 2,500 visits.

Thanks
Raphael Milani

All of you who have tracking issues, have you tried the new piwik.js ? it fixes a problem with MOOTOOLS and prototype libraries and maybe others! please use the latest piwik.js as explained in this post: 301 Moved Permanently

If you still have a problem after using this piwik.js, please confirm here

Hi all,

I was suffering with the same issue (new visitors not being counted). I run an installation with about 12 sites currently. Here is what it took to get me back on track.

1. Tom’s solution on page one of this thread. When, I checked the values that were being passed to MySQL (by examining the query), I saw that a blank value, or empty string was being passed it for the returning_visitor column (for new users, returning users passed value ‘1’). After making the code correction that Tom suggests, new users began to be recorded. (Thanks Tom!)

2. Also - I am running the archive process manually. After the update, the archive/update process stopped working. Apparently, the updater overwrites the archive powershell script, which specifies the path to your PHP installation. Since we are running IIS, we have our PHP install in a non-standard location. Changing this back to the correct value allowed archiving to work again. If you are not hosting on a Windows machine, this may be irrelevant)

Hopefully this information helps someone. I def will be doing a full DB and directory backup before attempting updates in the future. (which should be common sense but I was in a ‘hurry’ :P)

Good Luck,
Adam

Hey Matt. Done.

Hey guys

Thanks all for your help, We have identified 2 separate issues that cause visits not to be tracked (or partially tracked) in 2 cases.

we just released 1.2.1.

If, after upgrading to 1.2.1 you still experience tracking issues and missing stats, please post here!

Thanks a lot Matt. I’ll upgrade as soon as Piwik sees the update available.

Not sure this is ready for prime time.

Seems to have wiped out ALL of my stats. The All Websites screen is now showing as zeros across the board, and all the goals I set up (which has 66 conversions) are now showing as zero.

Thanks Stu. So glad I hadn’t upgraded yet.

Are you sure you are looking at the right dates? we haven’t changed anything I think that could cause this bug?

Yep. i’m sure. Just checked again. “All Websites” are zeros across the board even if I set the date to “All Week”.

Goals are all zero.

Most of the graphs are now blank, but it does seem to still be showing the live keywords from search engines

The 1.2.1 seems to have solved the problem for me… This needs to be confirmed on an entire day but the stats from 8 am to 9 am are similar to the GA ones.

Thanks a lot for your hard work :wink:

BigStu, look at daily report. you are probably experiencing the annoying Period reports must always or never include today's statistics · Issue #5793 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub