Upgrade to 1.2 smooth, but no new stats

Hi matt,

I did the update to 1.2.1. I see all the previous stats and it looks like that the recorded traffic is accurate again. (tu)
Hope this is really the fix, we all were looking for. Thanks for the work!

cheers

So is there some resolution for this?

This update has nuked my stats.

1.2.1 update solved problem for me as well. Numbers are back up to where they used to be.

Hope the issue will have a good solution

I noticed when I did this update that I never got the database update screen that you mention in the faqs for updates ie http://piwik.org/docs/update/

Should I have?

I uploaded the files directly (in binary) rather then waiting 8 hours or whatever for the update button to show up. I then re-uploaded the file it said in the instructions, and changed permissions on archive.sh to 777 so it would continue to auto update.

Is there anything I should have done differently?

I can log into the install just fine, and it is showing as version 1.21.

But all of the stats have been nuked, all of the goals are showing up as zero.

What can I do to get this to work?

BigStu, there is no DB upgrade in this release so it is normal.

Are you looking at “Today” in your stats?
do you see any error in the logs? can you enable DEBUG as explained in: Tracking API - Analytics Platform - Matomo

and look at the request to piwik.php (using firebug) and see what is output in there (or post a link to your site after enabling debug)

Hi Matt,

I PM-ed you a link to the site. I have enabled the debugging mode.

Hello
Guys,

After upgrade the piwik.js my problem was solved. I still using piwik 1.1.
Look the image below:

My company uses IE7 on all workstation I think the problem on version 1.1.1 is the piwik.js.

Just probing, but can everyone confirm that 1.2.1 fixed the problem?

Kip: with the exception of the Live plugin’s timezone issue, 1.2.1 appears to address most of the common problems users have been experiencing.

There is a bug in 1.2 that some users may encounter an error at the end of the process of updating to 1.2.1 (re: $pathRootExtractedPiwik). This bug is actually fixed in the 1.2.1 release, so it won’t recur in future updates.

I upgraded and it blew up in my face:

There is an error. Please report the message and full backtrace in the Piwik forums.

Notice: Undefined property: Piwik_CoreUpdater_Controller::$pathRootExtractedPiwik in /home/kiplingw/avaneya.com/piwik/plugins/CoreUpdater/Controller.php on line 99

Backtrace -->
#0 Piwik_ErrorHandler(8, Undefined property: Piwik_CoreUpdater_Controller::$pathRootExtractedPiwik, /home/kiplingw/avaneya.com/piwik/plugins/CoreUpdater/Controller.php, 99, Array ()) called at [/home/kiplingw/avaneya.com/piwik/plugins/CoreUpdater/Controller.php:99]#1 Piwik_CoreUpdater_Controller->oneClick_Unpack() called at [/home/kiplingw/avaneya.com/piwik/plugins/CoreUpdater/Controller.php:63]#2 Piwik_CoreUpdater_Controller->oneClickUpdate() called at [(null):0]#3 call_user_func_array(Array ([0] => Piwik_CoreUpdater_Controller Object ([] => ,[] => Array (),[] => Array (),[] => Array (),[] => CoreUpdater,[] => ,[] => ,[] => 0,[] => Piwik_Site Object ([] => 0),[newVersion] => 1.2.1,[pathPiwikZip] => /home/kiplingw/avaneya.com/piwik/tmp/latest/latest.zip),[1] => oneClickUpdate), Array ()) called at [/home/kiplingw/avaneya.com/piwik/core/FrontController.php:125]#4 Piwik_FrontController->dispatch() called at [/home/kiplingw/avaneya.com/piwik/index.php:57]