Automatic update to 0.2.35 issue

I cleaned my browser cache, logged in, logged out, used IE and Firefox, it does not work.

I even tried to delete /tmp/templates_c/, still does not work.

In IE i get the length is null or not an object in line 16.

Greets

PS: I hope the clicks are recorded anyway?

[quote=steff @ May 13 2009, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Firefox shows the following error message:
(http://piwik.domain.de/index.php?module=CoreHome&action=index&idSite=1&period=&date=yesterday]Any ideas how to solve this problems?[/quote]

The same here… everytime i try to log in.
I resolve this issue adding manualy “day” to “period=”, so your url become:

http://piwik.domain.de/index.php?module=Co…p;idSite=1&period=day&date=yesterday

This is not a cache issue.

k.

Hello all,

I had the same issue with mac os X under firefox 3.0.10.

I cleaned the cache and cookies, cleaned tmp/templates_c/* in the piwik install directory, but the problem was still there.

After that I used safari, deleted all widgets and then I was able to add new widget.
Going back to firefox and now every widget are ok, except the “Lest visits graph” wich shows a JSON error, I’ve uploaded a screenshot for this in this thread : http://forum.piwik.org/index.php?showtopic=959

After upgrade the MultiSitesPlugin gives me also an error : Fatal error: Unsupported operand types in /var/www/vhosts/******.com/httpdocs/piwik/plugins/MultiSitesPlugin/Controller.php on line 176

[quote=kionez @ May 14 2009, 07:23 AM]The same here… everytime i try to log in.
I resolve this issue adding manualy “day” to “period=”, so your url become:

http://piwik.domain.de/index.php?module=Co…p;idSite=1&period=day&date=yesterday

This is not a cache issue.

k.[/quote]

Wow. Several uninstalls, reinstalls, db restores, cache clears later my data is back, flash working and dashboard working again.

Only issue left: Live visitor widget. Shows placeholders and not the values.

Thursday %d %b

Any ideas?

The following procedure:

1 - remove all widgets from the dashboard
2 - log out
2bis - empty browser cache
3 - log in again
4 - re-add widgets to the dashboard

worked perfectly for me, everything in Firefox (3.0.10).

The only issue left: the Live Widget, where placeholders aren’t replaced.

The same problem at piwik.org:
Open Flash Chart
IO ERROR
Loading test data
Error #2032

I have also some problems after updating to 0.2.35

• Text “The string Dashboard_WidgetNotFound was not loaded in javascript. Make sure it is prefixed with _js” on top of each widget.
  • Can’t change between the different websites (only #1 is displayed even when I choose another one).
  • After deleting the widgets from dashboard, clearing templates_c and the Browser cache it’s not possible to add widgets to dashboard again.

I installed version 0.2.35 complete new on anothter server and got the same result (empty dashboard, not able to add widgets / could not change website).

Tried with current versions of IE, Opera and Firefox.

Any ideas? style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif

Thanks
Kimble

[quote=Kimble @ May 14 2009, 12:57 PM]I have also some problems after updating to 0.2.35

• Text “The string Dashboard_WidgetNotFound was not loaded in javascript. Make sure it is prefixed with _js” on top of each widget.
  • Can’t change between the different websites (only #1 is displayed even when I choose another one).
  • After deleting the widgets from dashboard, clearing templates_c and the Browser cache it’s not possible to add widgets to dashboard again.

I installed version 0.2.35 complete new on anothter server and got the same result (empty dashboard, not able to add widgets / could not change website).

Tried with current versions of IE, Opera and Firefox.

Any ideas? style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif

Thanks
Kimble[/quote]

[size=36pt]please delete your browser cache and try again[/size]

This is Remake of “nicochto howto”:

[size=24pt]Do following steps after upgrade:[/size]

1 - remove everything in /tmp/ folder.
2 - make sure /tmp/ folder is writable
3 - remove all widgets from the dashboard
4 - log out
5 - empty browser cache
6 - close browser
7 - open browser
8 - log in again
9 - re-add widgets to the dashboard

worked for me, Firefox/3.0.6, Opera 10 build 4214.

Thank you, developers of Piwik, for this great software. Your analytics is much better than google’s one and it fits any online project. Google analytics doesn’t show how often users come from Yahoo or Msn. What is most funny - google can see that data but owner can’t. Is it payment for “free” usage or just limitations?

@ matthieu: As I wrote in my post I already did clean up all caches, cleared the tmp folder and restarted the browser, but without any result!

Currently I did the following steps again:
1 - removed everything in /tmp/ folder.
2 - made sure /tmp/ folder is writable
3 - removed all widgets from the dashboard
4 - logged out
5 - emptied browser caches
6 - closed browser
7 - opend browser
8 - logged in again
9 - tried to re-add widgets to the dashboard, but that still won’t work

If I try to add a widget I get the following screen (see screenshot below).

And it’s still not possible to switch to the stats of another website.

Tested with Firefox 3.0.10, Opera 9.64 build 10487
PHP: 5.2.6

Damned, I’ve done the update.

Nothing works for me after spending time to follow all recomended steps for clearing cache, etc…

[quote=neliger @ May 15 2009, 10:34 AM]Damned, I’ve done the update.

Nothing works for me after spending time to follow all recomended steps for clearing cache, etc…[/quote]

I have had to a fresh install 0.2.35 to a different directory and view under different URL - now it works! All the data is there in the database. If I use the old URL it does not work which supports the browser cache argument however I have emptied the cache and restarted the browser and still have problems. Maybe javascript is cached somewhere else too?

L

Deleting the files in tmp/templates_c and purging your browser cache should resolve most of the update issues. The first problem is a side-effect of overwriting an existing installation – the compiled templates are not regenerated because they likely have more current timestamps. (Fixed in SVN.) The second problem is a known browser issue – we plan to implement cache busting to overcome this. (Open ticket.)

The other significant issue involves a change to the VisitsSummary getLastVisitsGraph API change. The saved dashboard tries to load the widget by its old name. The symptoms appear to vary but but deleting and re-adding the widget is the current workaround. (Open ticket.)

Other problems reported:

• Live displaying %b %d %X - fixed in SVN
  • JSON parse error - still investigating
  • third party plugins not working due to plugin API changes - expect these to be updated by the respective plugin authors

Great job guys style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry.gif My old system dont work and the zip file have problems with the upload.
Thanks foor my last try with piwik…

We’re sorry this update wasn’t slick and smooth but Piwik is beta. We try to provide migration scripts.

If you want to rollback, revert your codebase and delete the rows in the piwik_user_dashboard table. (Piwik will give you the default layout.)

I was pleasantly surprised by the slick auto updater. Seemed to work pretty well.

Was just as disappointed as most visitors here when it looked like all went wrong. So rather then just googling and finding the answer ‘just clear your cache’ i reinstalled piwik and lost data since the first manual update using the ‘reuse existing tables’ option didn’t help.

Soooo. I for one blame my own stupidity for not checking this forum first right after the problem became apparent. Clearing cache DOES DO the trick.

Thanx guys for the good work on this project. Too bad about this hickup but hey… you get what you pay for style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

Got same error after upgrading from .34 to .37 . But there wasn’t any cached code because i just renamed directories, and fresh code hasn’t any cached files. Tried with browser, which just newer been run with my piwik installation.
Forefox+Firebug gives this errors in console

ob.toString is not a function
http://cnt.cajax.net/plugins/Dashboard/templates/Dashboard.js
Line 106

widgetsHelper is not defined

http://cnt.cajax.net/plugins/Dashboard/templates/Dashboard.js
Line 106

Mentioned above way (clear table, logout,…) works for me style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

[quote=leapy @ May 15 2009, 12:39 PM]I have had to a fresh install 0.2.35 to a different directory and view under different URL - now it works! All the data is there in the database. If I use the old URL it does not work which supports the browser cache argument however I have emptied the cache and restarted the browser and still have problems. Maybe javascript is cached somewhere else too?

L[/quote]

Update - automatic update to 0.2.37 worked perfectly - all now working fine at both URLs.

Thank you for the prompt action!

Same Problem here after update to 0.2.37