Automatic update to 0.2.35 issue

Hello,
I just tried automatic update of Piwik, from 0.2.34 to 0.2.35 and have an error with my Dashboard.
It seems there is a problem with the call to the Open Flash library as charts generation fails, but tables are OK.
Charts generation failure causes this dummy error message to be displayed: "C:\Users\John\Documents\flash\svn\data-files\data-47.txt"
Any advise about that issue?
Thanks

[quote=manuzorch @ May 13 2009, 09:57 AM]Hello,
I just tried automatic update of Piwik, from 0.2.34 to 0.2.35 and have an error with my Dashboard…[/quote]

I have the same issue despite a manual upgrade (I don’t get an “update now” link). See attached screengrab for details of OP issue.

[attachment=36:Piwik_Screen.gif]

Same behaviour here… I try to delete everything is cache-related, without success… another issue is that “period” GET variable is not set correctly, sometimes when I go to index page it redirects me to: index.php?module=CoreHome&action=index&idSite=1&period=&date=yesterday

But “period=” parameter is missing (if I put “=day” everything works fine…), it redirects me to the same page until my browser give me an exception.

k.

Same issue here.

Same issue.

Tried to update manual, too.

Just does not work…

Greets

Hi,

After upgrading to 2.35 the data doesn’t show. It most of the widgets say 'Loading widget, please wait…'
I can’t add new widgets because the link doen’t work anymore :frowning:
I did use the auto update and I flushed all local cache but no success…
(see screenshot for details)

Please try deleting the broken widgets from the dashboard and then re-adding them.

Already tried that but I can’t add new widgets because the link doen’t work anymore :frowning:

Hello!

I have the same issue. Broken dashboard (all widgets show ‘loading widget, please wait’), no flash graphics (C:\Users\John…), trash output of live visitor plugin (Wednesday %d %b).

I cannot remove dashboard widgets and re-add them, since ‘Add widget’-button does not work.

Any solutions? I tried to downgrade, but this did not work because of updated database.

Is piwik still collecting data or are my statistics lost till a fix is out?

Thanks.

I have the same issue. Everything broken.

I have multiple clients that need to log in and now Im in trouble.

*sigh never upgrade on first day

Can you also try recreating the piwik/tmp/ folder (i.e., rmdir, mkdir, chmod/chown as necessary) and clearing your browser cache?

And never upgrade without backup. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif This damn build-in updater. I usually make a db backup before updating. But this auto-updater surprised me so much, that I just clicked and when I thought about the db backup, it was too late style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif

I haven’t come across the broken “Add a Widget…” link. What browser and version are you using? Is there anything in the JavaScript error console that identifies an error?

I’m collecting these widget regressions in http://dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/709

Does not help. /piwik/tmp cleared completely. Same problem.

The live visitor plugin seems not to replace the placeholders like %d %b , but is the only one that loads on dashboard. Others keep on loading and loading and …loading. On widgets preview the widgets are shown as they should (except for the ones using flash).

Data collection seems to work. At luck!

[quote=vipsoft @ May 13 2009, 02:10 PM]Benutzer-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Zeitstempel: Wed, 13 May 2009 14:15:59 UTC

Meldung: ‘length’ ist Null oder kein Objekt
Zeile: 15
Zeichen: 2
Code: 0
URI: http://DOMAIN/themes/default/common.js[/quote]

So you are right. There seems to be a javascript issue.

I may have a partial workaround, at least this worked for me. Your mileage may vary.

Using Firefox:

• delete the broken widgets
  • logout of piwik
  • login
  • re-add the widget

Tried that but no luck. Widgets still won’t work. Tested it with empty cache on both FF and IE.

[quote=vipsoft @ May 13 2009, 02:22 PM]I may have a partial workaround, at least this worked for me. Your mileage may vary.

Using Firefox:

• logout of piwik
  • login
  • re-add the widget[/quote]

Re-adding the widgets won’t work in my case because the ‘Add a widget’ link doesn’t work…

Tried that. Not working!

[quote=vipsoft @ May 13 2009, 02:22 PM]I may have a partial workaround, at least this worked for me. Your mileage may vary.

Using Firefox:

• logout of piwik
  • login
  • re-add the widget[/quote]

I have the same issue, seems to be a general problem with the upgrade. Can’t add much more info though.