Automatic update to 0.2.35 issue

I am also getting this error where i am seeing

‘length’ is null or not an object

please see attached pic for reference

tried deleting widgets but the add widget link is broken as well so i cannot re-add

My “Add a widget…” link didn’t work too. I removed ALL the widgets on the dashboard, refreshed/logged out or something (sorry, can’t remember) and the link just started working again, so I could readd all the widgets.
The graph widgets still don’t work and I still see that strange message.

OK so this may work…try a different browser.

For example I was using firefox…and then i logged on as admin on IE.

On IE everything seems fine.

Browser cache ???

i had the same problem with the broken “add widget” link.

i deleted the broken widget and still it didn’t work. but then i discovered at the end of the dashboard that i had another broken widget which i missed to delete.
after i deleted it i was able to add widgets again.

there’s still one problem i have: the overview widget of the last visitors was broken. so i deleted it. after adding it back to the dashboard it it very tiny.
before it was on top of all other widgets and was filling the whole space from left to right.

i don’t know how i can put it back on top of all other widgets

Tried to remove all the widgets, and that worked! Kinda strange behaviour but everything is ok now. Thanks for all the replies!

Ok, deleted the widgets and then couldn’t add them back, but yes, adding them back in a different browser than FF works (opera for me).

Thanks for all your replies

I think I experienced all the steps that were listed by the different people here!

I chose automatic update
I had the widgets loading and loading at first
After log in and log out the “add a widget” link finally worked
So I deleted and re-added the widgets and had some of them working except the chart ones.
I was in Firefox
I logged in using IE (first time i was viewing piwik in it), and the entire page loaded successfully

So I guessed there was a javascript issue and a cache issue (the version of a javascript file in the navigator cache was the one featured by previous piwik version).

I cleaned the cache of Firefox, restarted Firefox and the page loaded entirely with no display problem.

So I guess this is it and issue is solved.

I wouldn’t say it’s “solved” per se… this update impacted a lot of people and the workaround is non-trivial.

… and what about the problem with Live!
I still have bad interpretation of %d %b %X

This is a good example of what is bad about open source projects like this one. On 4/17/2009 a breaking change was added to the base code (changeset 1072).

As a business user I find it disturbing that support was dropped on myvisites prior to having a final stable version of piwik. I find it doubling disturbing that no migration tool yet exists to port my existing data and that the piwik project is running at least 3 months late.

The project seems to be driven by whims rather than good project management. The next milestone is 3 months late but as recently as 1 month ago 2 “new features” were added to it. Yet there are “major bug” items 14 months old for that same milestone that have not been addressed.

The choice is buggy beta software changed because “oh that would be cool”, unsupported buggy software (myvisites has a know security flaw which they will not fix) or look elsewhere (ie google).

I also did a automatic update and encountered the same issue. It was easily solved like that:

1. delete everything in tmp/template_c/
  2. delete your browser cache

No re-adding widgets was required.

hf

Delete widgets, dump cache and rebuild worked for me. However I did not collect data for the last 4 days when I had installed 0.2.34 … style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif

HELP!
Attachment after update today style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif

[quote=tomwe @ May 13 2009, 05:00 PM]HELP!
Attachment after update today style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/quote]

everythink fine after cleaning cache.
but in IE 6 you see attachment.

anyway I use firefox for that, but I think it could be done for IE also.

thanks for speed reactions! style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Everybody,

[size=36pt]Explanation = This is most likely a browser cache issue. Please delete your browser cache, restart your browser, and try again. [/size]

If AFTER deleting your cache you still experience the issue, please try with a new browser to double check. If you still experience the issue, please send us an email at hello@piwik.org with your Piwik URL, login and password, so we can see the bugs ourselves and propose a fix.

1. delete everything in tmp/template_c/
  1. delete your browser cache

This was working for me.

But the “SearchEngine Position”-plugin does not work anymore.

I also created a ticket for fixing this issue for future releases: http://dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/712

If anybody wants to help with implementing this, let us know!

Plugins have been updated in their respective ticket. Breaking existing plugin is something that we don’t like to do, but in this case we had to change the API signature for the AddWidget method to make the code more modular, so we updated all existing plugins using widgets in their respective tickets.

After updating to 0.2.35 (deleting all piwik files on server and uploading the new ones, updating DB), I can no longer visit my piwik dashboard.
Firefox shows the following error message:

Umleitungsschleife
Die aufgerufene Website leitet die Anfrage so um, dass sie nie beendet werden kann.”

(http://piwik.domain.de/index.php?module=CoreHome&action=index&idSite=1&period=&date=yesterday)

The installation works fine, the messages appears sincce having the installation finished.

The widget I included into my wordpress dashboard doen’t work as well:
“Action getLastVisitsGraph not found in the controller Piwik_VisitsSummary_Controller.”

I also tried firefox, Opera and IE. No differences, same errors.

Any ideas how to solve this problems?