Visitors going crazy in 1.1½

I through you came up with a solution to the overcounting problem … hihi… But still got problems with both things… ip & overcounting…

vipsoft,

it seems the line you posted

proxy_client_headers[] = HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR

got auto-added in my config.ini.php during today’s update.

I commented it out, but it doesn’t help - every single page view is still counted as a unique visit.

I might should tell you i got the ip adress problem in 1.0 too …

But it’s not a big deal to me … but if we can fixe it, then i would like to :slight_smile:

Quoting Matt’s latest question in the corresponding ticket: http://dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/1939

Are you seeing the wrong count of visits in the Live plugin, or in the actual ‘Graph of last visit’ widget?

I’m sure there is a bug in the Live widget that shows the same row multiple times, but visits are not counted multiple times.

However if you also see more visits in the ‘Graph of last visits’ then there is definitely a bug I’m not aware of. Please confirm.

I’m seeing an extremely high number of visits in the Graph (about four times higher than it should be) as well as those many “direct hits” (which aren’t) in the Live widget.

For those of you who see real IPs and are seeing overcounting, please look at the ticket comment:

and reply with your details.

Are you seeing more visits than normal in the Live widget, or in all the widgets (graph of last visits, etc.) ?

[quote=matthieu]
Are you seeing more visits than normal in the Live widget, or in all the widgets (graph of last visits, etc.) ?[/quote]

Both, as I stated above.

Same here.

Since today’s upgrade to 1.1, I am seeing overcounting in all widgets as well as the Live! widget. The Visitor Log seems to be treating every hit as single visits instead of grouping them.

I am also seeing normal IP addresses (no 0.0.0.0).

Why are alle seeing normal ip adress’s when i’m seeing 0.0.0.0 :S ?

[quote=matthieu]
For those of you who see real IPs and are seeing overcounting, please look at the ticket comment:

and reply with your details.

Are you seeing more visits than normal in the Live widget, or in all the widgets (graph of last visits, etc.) ?[/quote]

I’m seeing overcountering in ALL my graph… like others, it seems like every hit is a single hit insted of group them … Try look at my pictures… it’s the same visitor …

BTW: I AM using a proxy, didn’t add the Lines you mentioned above, but can see all IPs.

Forget the line. No proxy in front of my Piwik instance.

http://numseronline.dk/error3.PNG <- Some of them is group ?? … but Loot’s of them is registered as a single hit …

But try see the things I higlighted…

One graph says 535 unique visits
and other says 1144 unique visits

Øhmmmm ? :S …

I can confirm that. Some visits are being grouped, even in LIVE! plugin.

emptry: I suspect your 0.0.0.0 is due to an ipv6 address; this isn’t currently supported; if not, pm your phpinfo

to all who have the issue AND are seeing non empty IP adresses:

• can you please email: your Piwik URL, login and password
  • as well as FTP or SSH access to the Piwik files? Please dont worry we dont look at anything else and you can change the passwords when we’re done!

The problem is we can’t replicate the issue and many beta testers didn’t have this issue. So we need direct access to your server to understand what is happening and why.

You can sent details to matt att piwik.org

we’ll fix this issue as soon as possible

matt@piwik.org … or what email ?..

sorry, i got empty ip adress :S … but i got that i 1.0 too, and the system worked fine …

Emptry this email yes, thanks

[quote=vipsoft]
emptry: I suspect your 0.0.0.0 is due to an ipv6 address; this isn’t currently supported; if not, pm your phpinfo[/quote]

Not to be rude, but all my visits are not IPv6, i don’t think so … :stuck_out_tongue: … because it’s alle the visits which ip are 0.0.0.0

But i think i just delete the system and install the 1.0 again… or replace the files on the server … since i cant help you guys … because of my ip issue

emptry, I checked and your visitor IPs show in ipv6 format. See my comment: IPv6 support · Issue #1111 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

But the over-counting visits is a different issue, I’m still looking into it.

I wish I could help with access but I am running Piwik on an intranet, so no remote access possible to troubleshoot this.

Anything else we can do to help ?

I also noticed a very small number of grouped visits - the vast majority are treated as single page visits.

For everyone who experiences this bug, this is the bug report: Edge case: each page is a new visit · Issue #1916 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub