Upgraded from 1.3 to 1.4 - All IPs Show 0.0.0.0

Only me, or others as well?

I’ve seen a few go through like that after upgrading but not every one of them. Right now I’m not seeing any.

(vipsoft) #3

ssgupta: did you get any errors during the db update? what Piwik version did you update from? is your server behind a firewall/proxy?

Can you run this query on your mysql database?

select inet_ntoa(conv(hex(location_ip), 16, 10)) from piwik_log_visit limit 10;

same issue here after upgrading to piwik 1.4 …

i modified the sql-query to show the difference:

select idvisit, visitor_localtime, inet_ntoa(conv(hex(location_ip), 16, 10)) from piwik_log_visit order by 1 desc

the location_ip is 0.0.0.0 at all entries after upgrade …

Upgraded from 1.3 to 1.4. No errors. Not behind any firewall or proxy. Result of MySQL query:

ok, new visitor-IP’s are recorded correct … IP’s of visitors, who were online during the update or maybe where the piwik-script is loaded from browser-cache, are recorded as “0.0.0.0” :-/

(vipsoft) #7

pc.net: Yes, some ip addresses might have been incorrectly recorded if tracking was enabled while the database was being updated.

What I need to know is if there’s 0.0.0.0 on new visits.

Can we start again? Please use the Visitor Log, and take a look at visits before and after the upgrade (and obviously, excluding the time period covering the db update):

1. are ip addresses in new visits being displayed correctly?
  2. are ip addresses in old visits being displayed correctly?

[quote=Anthon]
pc.net: Yes, some ip addresses might have been incorrectly recorded if tracking was enabled while the database was being updated.

What I need to know is if there’s 0.0.0.0 on new visits.

Can we start again? Please use the Visitor Log, and take a look at visits before and after the upgrade (and obviously, excluding the time period covering the db update):[/quote]

yes

yes

I checked also with opera 11.10 and firefox 4.0.1 (they were open and visited my site during the upgrade process):
*) cleared cache
*) deleted all cookies from my site (including PIWIK_SESSID, _pk_id.1.bd0c and _pk_ses.1.bd0c)
*) restarted opera/firefox and visited my site

-> my visits are still logged as 0.0.0.0 …

piwik remembers my previous session (before closing browser) …

using the browsers on my notebook (no visits during the update-process) the IP is tracked correctly …

how can we prevent this issue in future piwik versions?
maybe you could design a backend-function in piwik to stop tracking before starting the upgrade … especially when there are required db-changes …

however, I like piwik :slight_smile:

I have all zeros for new (and old) visits as well.

And this link (for Detailed Visitor Logs - Visitors in Real Time) is broken:

javascript:piwik.dashboardObject.closeWidgetDialog();broadcast.propagateAjax(‘module=Live&action=getVisitorLog’)

Does not opens the log page.

Some more info: I have my own visits set NOT to be recorded through IP number. But now it logs me and shows my IP: 0.0.0.0.

(vipsoft) #12

ssgupta: please PM the URL/login/password to your Piwik site so we can take a look. Thanks.

(vipsoft) #13

If the 0.0.0.0 persists, your php binary doesn’t have ipv6 support.

Please apply the following patch to workaround it.

http://dev.piwik.org/trac/changeset/4623

I got the same problem.

I noticed after uploading the 1.4 version there was no upgrade procedure started.
I reverted back to 1.3 (just overwriting all files) and it works fine again.

I’m having the same problem. The thing with mine is that the Live Visitors plugin shows the IP addresses but the Whois Live pluging that I love only shows 0.0.0.0.
As much as I love Piwik I wish they did better testing before releases. Next time I’m going to hold off a week or two before upgrading.

(vipsoft) #16

Maybe you could leave the developer a note?

I took a quick look, and I think all you need to do is change this line in plugins/WhoisLive/Controller.php:

$row['ip'] = long2ip( $row['location_ip'] );

to either:

// this helper method was added in Piwik 1.2 for compatibility
			$row['ip'] = Piwik_Common::long2ip( $row['location_ip'] );

or:

// this is the new method added in Piwik 1.4
			$row['ip'] = Piwik_IP::N2P( $row['location_ip'] );

You mean plugins/Live/Controller.php
We don’t have: plugins/WhoisLive/ directory in the distribution

[quote=Anthon]
If the 0.0.0.0 persists, your php binary doesn’t have ipv6 support.

Please apply the following patch to workaround it.

http://dev.piwik.org/trac/changeset/4623[/quote]

Nothing happened, all still 0.0.0.0

(vipsoft) #19

ssgupta: The reply re: WhoisLive was for Rabo.

The patch in changeset 4623 (which I linked to) should have fixed it for you, since your MySQL query shows the IP numbers were converted.

Unfortunately, it did not. And my php info shows: IPv6 Support enabled