Upgraded from 1.3 to 1.4 - All IPs Show 0.0.0.0

Anton, that did the trick thank you so much.

so this affects only visitors with active sessions while updating and its nothing to worry about?

i have a mix of only zeros and normal ips right now and i am not sure if i should rollback?

riyeh: as far as I know, you’re ok; you can try this variation of pc.net’s SQL query to see when those 0’s were recorded

select idvisit, visit_first_action_time from piwik_log_visit where inet_ntoa(conv(hex(location_ip), 16, 10)) = '0.0.0.0' order by 1 desc;

ssgupta: at this point, I think the 0’s are specific to your customizations/configuration since (1) the IPs are stored in your database and (2) the provider plugin is resolving host names (which means the IP address was converted to and from the internal format correctly)

PM me if you can provide ftp access to your server; otherwise, I suggest that you reviewing your mods and add debugging to isolate the cause.

Hello,

I currently have the same IP 0.0.0.0 shown problem since i upgraded to 1.4 (few days ago)

If i run

select idvisit, visitor_localtime, inet_ntoa(conv(hex(location_ip), 16, 10)) from piwik_log_visit;

It shows that IP are set to 0 since i upgraded (on last day of april)

I tried that patch http://dev.piwik.org/trac/changeset/4623 but every new location_ip logged is still 0

Phpinfo show that ipv6 is enabled and except for that today one patch i’m using a standard piwik installation.

Any idea what i could do to repair that ?

Quoting Anthon from PM:

"The problem is that your Piwik database schema was not updated to 1.4, even though the .php files are from 1.4.

The fastest way to get you back up and running is to execute the following MySQL query:

UPDATE piwik_option SET option_value = ‘1.3’ WHERE option_value = ‘1.4’;

Opening index.php (either from the shell or browser) should trigger the actual database schema update."

I believe this should set you right. It did mines.

That did the trick. Everything is now running fine.

Thanks a lot !

I ran the following command and still see all 0.0.0.0 for IP addresses since upgrading to 1.4.

UPDATE piwik_option SET option_value = ‘1.3’ WHERE option_value = ‘1.4’;

Kip it will only work for visits tracked since you ran this query… does it work for new visits?

Hey Matt. Thanks for the heads up. Yes, it seems to work for new visitors. Great work. Keep it up.

Alright, I stand corrected. The Visitors in Real Time GUI shows the IP address correctly, but the Live Whois is still all zeros. Using 1.4.

Kip: I provided the fix for the Live Whois plugin in an earlier comment 301 Moved Permanently

Thanks Anthon. It worked. Hopefully that patch will be applied in 1.5.

It won’t be in 1.5 because that’s not one of our plugins. :wink: You’ll have to ask the plugin dev.

=(