The date 'today' is not a correct date range

(rlesterphx) #1

I just installed v1.3 and when I go into Settings and try to change the default report date to any of the following values:
-Previous 7 days (not including today)
-Previous 30 days (not including today)
-Last 7 days (including today)
-Last 30 days (including today)
I get an error afterward when I try to load any site dashboard:
The date ‘today’ is not a correct date range. It should have the following format: ‘lastN’, ‘previousN’, ‘YYYY-MM-DD,YYYY-MM-DD’.

Manually changing the ‘today’ value in the URL to one of those specified formats doesn’t do anything, it just changes back to ‘today’ and throws the error page.

Not a big deal but I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this bug.
I thought it may have been due to my (CentOS 5) server’s php version (5.1.2) but I successfully upgraded it to 5.2.16 and restarted the server but I still get the error.

(Matthieu Aubry) #2

This shouldn’t be happening, can you try to delete the cache from your browser maybe?

Otherwise please send me piwik url + login + password + FTP access to piwik if possible by PM and I will take a look

[quote=rlesterphx]
I just installed v1.3 and when I go into Settings and try to change the default report date to any of the following values:
-Previous 7 days (not including today)
-Previous 30 days (not including today)
-Last 7 days (including today)
-Last 30 days (including today)
I get an error afterward when I try to load any site dashboard:
The date ‘today’ is not a correct date range. It should have the following format: ‘lastN’, ‘previousN’, ‘YYYY-MM-DD,YYYY-MM-DD’.

Manually changing the ‘today’ value in the URL to one of those specified formats doesn’t do anything, it just changes back to ‘today’ and throws the error page.

Not a big deal but I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this bug.
I thought it may have been due to my (CentOS 5) server’s php version (5.1.2) but I successfully upgraded it to 5.2.16 and restarted the server but I still get the error.[/quote]

I did a clean installation of 1.3 (rc4) and I got this error too in IE8.
I chose custom date range, from 2011-04-21 to 2011-04-21 (as i could only pick these 2 days from the calendar, it does not allow me to pick anything else, since its my first day of installation of 1.3)
I picked 'Period - Date Range’
I clicked on Apply Date Range

It threw me to a url that writes something like this --> http://localhost/piwik/index.php?module=CoreHome&action=index&idSite=1&period=range&date=today

The page displays:
the date’ today’ is not a correct date range. It should have the following format: ‘lastN’, ‘previousN’, ‘YYYY-MM-DD, YYYY-MM-DD’.

Another point to note:
I note that the calendar of custom date range does not allow you to pick dates before I installed piwik, nor dates after today… so it kind of prevents me searching for a real range… it restricts me to dates between date of installation to today, and nothing else is allowed to be picked… hmmm not very flexible.

I Just installed piwik today for the very first time and get exactly the same, as soon as I set the timescale to “The last 7 days, including today” in the settings and want to view my dashboard then.

I’ve got the same error today, when i’ve set the timesale to “The last 7 days”… Has this problem already been solved?

(Matthieu Aubry) #6

What browsers are you using? I’m unable to reproduce this issue. Thanks

Same error here also.

I’m using Safari 5.0

I tried clearing the cache and deleting all the cookies, but it all didn’t help :frowning:

This problem seems to happen if the date range is set to “lastN” or “previousN”.

I tried this with Firefox 4

[quote=Marc_Richter]
I tried this with Firefox 4[/quote]

Me too. However, to me it definitely looks like a problem on the server side, not a browser issue.

(rlesterphx) #12

Firefox 4 and Chrome 10. Did you guys do fresh Piwik installations or update?
Matt, were you able to reproduce it on the site I PM’d you? I just tried again on that site and it appears to have gone away now. I wonder if it happens when there’s not enough data for the date range?

I tried both. Same result as soon as you change the date range as I mentioned before.

This has been my first Piwik setup ever. Not an Update.

(Matthieu Aubry) #15

I’m unable to reproduce the issue. If you experience htis, please send me by PM your Piwik URL + login + password + FTP access to your piwik files, so I can see where the problem is, thank you

My issue got solved on its own. I guess, just guess, it happens when the stats are “blank”. As soon as the first visit is logged, it starts working normally. Wish to hear from others.

(rlesterphx) #17

It does seem to resolve by itself but I was definitely still getting it even after logging visits. I’m pretty sure it happened for at least 24hrs for me

Same is happening to me right now.
What triggered it for me is when I changed the default date range from ‘Yesterday’ to ‘Last 7 days’ in the settings.

I am working with a fresh install hardly containing any data (1 hour running with a bit more then 40 visits tracked ).

At this moment I cannot get into Piwik itself; getting stuck on the error page. The ‘Go to Piwik’ link loops me back to this error page.

Same is happening here. I don’t know what to do about it - as well as the others, I’m stuck in a loop.

I’m using firefox 3.6 on Ubuntu, a very fresh install of Piwik on Debian, less than 2 hours work. It looks like the problems began with the switch to “last 7 days”. Does not look like a browser thing. Data is not clean here - there are already 20-30 visits, as can be seen in the “all websites” page.

Thanks,
Peleg.

(rlesterphx) #20

You should be able to click the Settings link at the top right and change the default back to Today or Yesterday and it will start working again.