Show Form Starts and Submissions

Hello,
I’m currently trying to analyse my forms. The page I’m analysing has a round 80 forms and I want to analyse their performance one by one and also display their performance on the dashboard.

So I tried to create a customer report, showing the form names and the number of visits and conversions next to it. However I cannnot select form name or any similar.

Furthermore, I wanted to create a dashboard which groups my forms (They belong ot similar groups) and show the most frequently ticked of (checkboxes) fields.

Any help is highly appreciated. I’m on a pro plan with our account (office@darwins-lab.com)

Thanks,
Vincenz

Hi there,

At the moment the form names are not available in custom reports. We agree this is quite important to have included and have created a ticket internally to have it investigated. We will let you know of any further updates.

Thanks,

Hi @Jason_1282

Is there an update on this issue? We would also like to work with the form name dimension in the custom reports.

@vincenz Or have you found a solution?

Maybe @innocraft have some slue on this?

Hi @vincenz ,

We have a feature request for this in our backlog. However I can not give you an ETA at this moment. But I have added some requests like yours in the ticket to add weight to it. Hopefully it gets picked by our Product team.

Hi @heurteph-ei, hi @karthik,

thank you very much for your answers.

I think that this adjustment would be very helpful for the evaluation of forms. Maybe I’m lucky and the topic will be implemented by the product team soon.

In the meantime, I have also received an answer from Matomo support. Maybe the following solution will help other users.

Thanks for reaching out to us,

Unfortunately when it comes to custom reports, the dimensions and metrics available to choose do differ from those found within the default reports.
One of these dimensions is the ‘Form Name’.

It is possible to create a Custom Report based on the page URL for form submissions. However this would show all pageUrls unless you defined a filter to only include the pages that contained forms.

For example:

Using the Tag Manager, it is possible to create an Event that uses a pre-set variable that will grab the FormName or FormID.
A list of variables can be selected from the arrow to the right of the field for category, action and name.

The Event could be triggered to only fire on a Form submit,

image.png

This would then trigger an event on form submission like below:

image.png

When it comes to the custom report, you could create a report based on the Event Category and filter by the Event Name ‘FormSubmitted’, for example:

This would provide a report similar to below:

I hope this helps.

1 Like

See also: