Piwik crashes when pulling traffic for month in "All Websites" area

We have a Piwik install that tracks over 1,000 websites. In the “All Websites” area, although I can view data for the default (today, 1 day) just fine, if I opt to see data for the month or for a date range, it crashes with a 500 internal server error after spending quite some time processing.

Using Piwik 2.0-b12.

Things I have tried so far:
-Currently running archive.php as a cron job
-In the general settings area, I have “Allow Piwik archiving to trigger when reports are viewed from the browser” turned off
-Reports for today process every 600 seconds

I need to be able to view data for the whole month or a date range in the All Websites area, or at least through a report of some sort, without Piwik crashing. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

It works for us… use latest Piwik

When I try to check for updates, Piwik informs me that I am using the latest version. I have tried specifying to check for the latest stable version and then again to check for the latest beta version. Piwik informs me that I am using the latest version either way.

We’re running PHP 5.4.24, MySQL 5.1.72.

Latest piwik is 2.0.3

Why do you think our install of Piwik fails to recognize it? How can we install it otherwise?

are you using any cacheing mechanism that might be causing piwik this issue?

Maybe because you are using PHP less than 5.3.2
please upgrade php and then you should see the update?

Please see above…PHP is updated:

"When I try to check for updates, Piwik informs me that I am using the latest version. I have tried specifying to check for the latest stable version and then again to check for the latest beta version. Piwik informs me that I am using the latest version either way.

We’re running PHP 5.4.24, MySQL 5.1.72."

Upgraded to PHP 5.4.24. The problem unfortunately still persists.

what are the memory settings for php.ini? maybe up the if around 128 or 256?

I think we just figured it out–our firewall was blocking the country where the update comes from, so the connection was never being made :stuck_out_tongue:

Still crashes after update though :stuck_out_tongue:

did you try to delete the tmp folders contnets? any apache server error logs

what crash?

This one (from OP):

lesjokolat: I haven’t tried deleting the tmp folders. So that I know what to try and delete, is it safe to delete everything in /path/to/piwik-installation/tmp/ ?

others have done it and it helps more often than not.ma y have to rejig some dashboards settings

Just so I understand completely before I do this, is it safe to delete everything in /path/to/piwik-installation/tmp/ ?

others have done it and it helps more often than not.may have to rejig some dashboards settings

I cannot 100% guantee there may be some unforsen side effect but in all the cases I have seen refenced here it solved problems. There were some instance where a dashboard need to be recreated or a widget needed to be deleted then readded. I never recall it killed data…

Removing the tmp/ folder is safe, as it will be re-created

Thank you to both of you! I went ahead & deleted the tmp folder.

However, unfortunately the problem still persists :frowning:

I can pull month stats, but can’t pull them for a date range–Piwik crashes here with a fatal error (maximum execution time exceeded).

there is a setting to fix that error do a search on it and that error will be fixed.