Internal Server Error

hi everybody,

since few days, i have a probleme, when i want acces on my stats with piwik (ver 1.6) i have this message of error :

[i]Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, postmaster@xxxxxxx.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.[/i]

this message appears only when i want to do something, and not when piwik starts.

If i want to change date, go to admin settings, or something else, i have this error.

i haven’t change something, and this error appears only with one server, i have 3 installations of piwik, ont the same server company.

if anyone can help me…thanks

please contact your web host, and check your error logs

I have asked my webhost…The web host explain…this error cames when server are over ! the probleme is that all other websites works correctly…wait for an answer with them is illusion !

I have exactly the same problem as you aerostar1974, for a week now.
My Piwik is intalled on this server for about 2 years, and I never had any problem like this.

I got Piwik 1.6 and no error logs regarding piwik on my webserver.
I don’t know if it’s significant, but I’m hosted by OVH

I’m hosted by OVH too !! Exactly the same that you, many few times with no probleme, and since few days this errors !

Please contact your web host, they must have changed some parameter. Explain them clearly that it was working for 2 years and now it stopped. Hopefully they will resolve their issue.

I actually have some log of the piwik’s crash :

[Tue Jan 31 12:36:35 2012] [error] [client 92.128.**.**] [host www.*****.org] Premature end of script headers: index.php, referer: http://www.*****.org/piwik_visites/index.php?module=CoreHome&action=index&idSite=1&period=day&date=yesterday
[Tue Jan 31 12:36:44 2012] [error] [client 92.128.**.**] [host www.*****.org] Premature end of script headers: index.php

I’m gonna ask my host wether he changed something on the cluster conf or not.

PS : I chmoded my folders and files permission from 705 to 755, but it doesn’t solve the thing

Hi,

The issue is related to ovh, i’ve the same issue. Try to solve it with support. If anyone get the solution before i got it, could you please post it ?

Regards,

I have asked another one to ovh…when i have answer, i post it

Reply by ovh :

Je vous invite à consulter vos logs d’erreurs.

Généralement l’erreur “http 500” qui vous apparaît est dû :

• A une mauvaise exécution dans vos scripts “PHP”.
  • A une erreur dans un fichiers “.htaccess”.
  • Ou bien à une mauvaise déclaration de droits qui doivent être soit 705 ou 755.

Vérifiez en priorité les droits des fichiers sur le FTP, le “www” en 705 obligatoirement et les autres en 755 maximum

Translation of what aerostar wrote :

Usually the “http 500” errot that you have is due to :

• a bad execution in you “PHP” scripts.
  • An error in you “.htaccess” files.
  • Or the permissions that have to be set to 705 or 755.

Check first the permissions on your files, the “www” must be 705 and the others 755 maximum

Now that is funny, cause I also contacted OVH support (the french one also) and the guy tells me to set permissions de 604 or 644 …
Which is first not possible cause when I do so with filezilla (I don’t have telnet access on this server), the permissions are at the end set to 704 or 744 …
And that’s not helping a bit because then I get an “Acces denied” error on piwik ! 755 is not changing anything neither (705 is the default on OVH hosts).

I told all that to the OVH guy, but he keeps telling me that I have to set permissions to 604 or 644 … like it would make any difference with 704 and 744

always, with ovh you need many correspondance and time to have a good answer !! i’m borred with them !

I compare with lws, i have server too with them, answers are faster and better !

At least…we haven’t good answer from ovh !!

I re-wrote at ovh !

Hi,
I’m still waiting my response. If different, l’ll post it to compare.

Ovh send me a message : they are open a incidence ticket…at least !

Same problem I am Facing.

DigitFox

Hi there,

aerostar1974 did they found the trouble ?
Is anyone got a concrete return on this issue ?

OVH asked me to look my logs :
logs showing an error on index.php

Thanks.

Ovh have open an incident ticket…i’m waiting :slight_smile:

See my suggestion in: 301 Moved Permanently

which seems to fix it for OVH users

Hi matt,

Thanks for this i can confirm that it resolv the issue for me.

Well done (:P)

Hervé