Error message on login page after upgrade to 1.10

I still don’t understand how you connect the tracking code on the sites being tracked to a login bug on the admin site… I can’t fathom a connection between the two in the least, so I’m both confused and amused at that investigative track :slight_smile:

high-speed cable connections, and I’ve seen the same thing from 3 different locations.

The error appears when trying to log back into the Admin interface when the return URL is the “All Websites” page. If I remove the options from after the index.php, the error dialog goes away and I can login just fine.

So you see how I am confused why you associate this error with the tracking codes from the client sites being tracked.

All the sites being tracked are using the javascript tracking code, and are inserted into the footer via the footer scripts options inside WordPress, same as the Quantcast tracking codes, and the Google Analytics codes being inserted into the header via the header scripts options.

As for widgets, I’ve only ever used the default set of widgets, no customizations save the Feedburner one when it existed, and it’s happening on two different Piwik installs on two separate servers, both setups tracking different websites.

Sorry i try and piece things together and I realized after rereading your previous messages I thought sites tracked and login were same machine regardless I understand more and please disregard my other ideas…

Is it possible the all sites view when looked at as a regular user, is getting user permission errors? lets say you have 5 sites that user(non admin) has permission to view 1 and 2 but not 3,4,5.

When you look at the all sites since some of them are not technically allowed to be viewed by the user individually it throws up this error upon relogin?

What if you were to allow that user the same rights for all sites individually under the all sites report? does the error go away? It would make sense since admin has access to all the sites individually as well as under the all sites, whereas another user does not.

I hope i made sense this time…

In my particular case, I am the only user.

I only have one user as well (superuser), I’m only tracking one site, and I get the error message whether I load the “/piwik/” URL or the “piwik/index.php?module=CoreHome&action=” URL after logging out.

Doesn’t it seem like Piwik is checking for user rights, when no user is logged in? How to resolve that is another issue. The error log I posted above doesn’t provide any clues?

Same as what they said… only user on one of the sites, and this error has zero to do with any of the sites sites being tracked.

This has something to do with Piwik not clearing or not setting something upon user logout… that’s the only time I see this error, after logging out, and if I try to log back in without clearing that extra options off the index.php.

Can you send me an email with the FTP user+pwd+Piwik login+pwd + url + bug description at matt@piwik and i’ll take a look, thanks!

[quote=matt]
Can you send me an email with the FTP user+pwd+Piwik login+pwd + url + bug description at matt@piwik and i’ll take a look, thanks![/quote]Matt are you addressing me or someone else, or everyone?

I am getting the same issue after updating from 1.1.0 (I think that was my old version number) to 1.10.1.

Any help would be wonderful. Thanks.

Anyone experiencing this issue, Can you send me an email with the FTP user+pwd+Piwik login+pwd + url + bug description at matt@piwik and i’ll take a look, thanks!

try deleting cookies and cache, or using the private browsing feature in your browser

[quote=Rodrigo]
try deleting cookies and cache, or using the private browsing feature in your browser[/quote]

No effect. I also tried deleting everything in the /tmp directory to no avail.

Matt, I don’t allow FTP access on my site, but I’ll send you an email with a piwik account for my domain, and if you’d like I can zip up the contents of my install for you. Let me know. Email is on it’s way.

One site I can still log into, another one I can’t log into at all. If it wasn’t for the ability to obtain the data from external sources, I’d be screwed out of the reports. See piwik.cloverleaffarmnh.com for the one I can log into. Perhaps the errors there will help someone figure this issue out before version 2 comes out.

Would you mind sending me the url of the one that can login? Even PM if you desire not to publicly.

I just did send you the URL in that comment.

Nope i get this error when i go to that url. I thought this one was the one you couldnt get into…(my bad reading)

Error: You can’t access this resource as it requires an view access for at least one website.

#0 /home/cloverleaf/piwik.cloverleaffarmnh.com/core/Piwik.php(1941): Piwik_Access->checkUserHasSomeViewAccess() #1 /home/cloverleaf/piwik.cloverleaffarmnh.com/plugins/PDFReports/API.php(216): Piwik::checkUserHasSomeViewAccess() #2 /home/cloverleaf/piwik.cloverleaffarmnh.com/plugins/PDFReports/PDFReports.php(588): Piwik_PDFReports_API->getReports() #3 /home/cloverleaf/piwik.cloverleaffarmnh.com/plugins/PDFReports/PDFReports.php(565): Piwik_PDFReports->getTopMenuTranslationKey() #4 /home/cloverleaf/piwik.cloverleaffarmnh.com/libs/Event/Dispatcher.php(284): Piwik_PDFReports->addTopMenu(Object(Piwik_Event_Notification)) #5 /home/cloverleaf/piwik.cloverleaffarmnh.com/core/PluginsManager.php(723): Event_Dispatcher->postNotification(Array, Array) #6 /home/cloverleaf/piwik.cloverleaffarmnh.com/core/Menu/Top.php(64): Piwik_PostEvent() #7 /home/cloverleaf/piwik.cloverleaffarmnh.com/core/Menu/Top.php(77): Piwik_Menu_Top->get(Object(Piwik_Event_Notification), false, false) #8 /home/cloverleaf/piwik.cloverleaffarmnh.com/core/Controller.php(473): Piwik_GetTopMenu() #9 /home/cloverleaf/piwik.cloverleaffarmnh.com/plugins/Login/Controller.php(98): Piwik_Controller->setBasicVariablesView(‘TopMenu.add’) #10 /home/cloverleaf/piwik.cloverleaffarmnh.com/plugins/Login/Controller.php(86): Piwik_Login_Controller->configureView() #11 /home/cloverleaf/piwik.cloverleaffarmnh.com/plugins/Login/Controller.php(46): Piwik_Login_Controller->login() #12 /home/cloverleaf/piwik.cloverleaffarmnh.com/core/FrontController.php(138): Piwik_Login_Controller->index(Object(Piwik_View)) #13 /home/cloverleaf/piwik.cloverleaffarmnh.com/core/Controller.php(723): Piwik_FrontController->dispatch(Object(Piwik_View)) #14 /home/cloverleaf/piwik.cloverleaffarmnh.com/plugins/CoreHome/Controller.php(42): Piwik_Controller->redirectToIndex() #15 /home/cloverleaf/piwik.cloverleaffarmnh.com/core/FrontController.php(138): Piwik_CoreHome_Controller->redirectToCoreHomeIndex() #16 /home/cloverleaf/piwik.cloverleaffarmnh.com/index.php(53): Piwik_FrontController->dispatch(Array, Array) #17 {main}

You have any special htaccess file here?

Did you do any customization of the login page? Most of the sites online that have this error on the login page have small custom logos above the login fields…

I am wondering if you made some changes and then when either saving them or re-uploading them a text encoding of ftp encoding issue has broken the page to create these errors to appear…

Can you replace the login files of the piwik files to be without that custom logo and se if that helps?

[quote=lesjokolat]
Did you do any customization of the login page? Most of the sites online that have this error on the login page have small custom logos above the login fields…

I am wondering if you made some changes and then when either saving them or re-uploading them a text encoding of ftp encoding issue has broken the page to create these errors to appear…

Can you replace the login files of the piwik files to be without that custom logo and se if that helps?[/quote]

I’ve performed zero customization and I get essentially the same error.

Zero customization here as well.

Would you guys happen to have purchased a reseller or special hoster for piwik? I have not seen the logo customized the way it is on your logins before, are you using white labelling plugin of any sort?

[quote=lesjokolat]
Would you guys happen to have purchased a reseller or special hoster for piwik? I have not seen the logo customized the way it is on your logins before, are you using white labelling plugin of any sort?[/quote]

Mine is a one-click install through dreamhost. No customizations.