Error message on login page after upgrade to 1.10

After upgrading to 1.10, an error message appears in a red box on my login & logout pages:

“Error: You can’t access this resource as it requires an view access for at least one website.”

Below that is a yellow box with this text, which is beyond my current level of understanding:

/home/****/piwik/core/Piwik.php(1941): 
Piwik_Access-
>checkUserHasSomeViewAccess() #1 
/home/****/piwik/plugins/PDFReports/API.php(216): 
Piwik::checkUserHasSomeViewAccess() #2 /home/****/piwik/plugins/PDFReports/PDFReports.php(588): 
Piwik_PDFReports_API->getReports() #3 /home/****/piwik/plugins/PDFReports/PDFReports.php(565): 
Piwik_PDFReports->getTopMenuTranslationKey() #4 /home/****/piwik/libs/Event/Dispatcher.php(284): Piwik_PDFReports->addTopMenu(Object(Piwik_Event_Notification))
/home/****/piwik/core/PluginsManager.php(723): 
Event_Dispatcher->postNotification(Array, 
Array) #6 
/home/****/piwik/core/Menu/Top.php(64): 
Piwik_PostEvent() #7 
/home/****/piwik/core/Menu/Top.php(77): 
Piwik_Menu_Top->
get(Object(Piwik_Event_Notification), false, 
false) #8 
/home/****/piwik/core/Controller.php(473): 
Piwik_GetTopMenu() #9 
/home/****/piwik/plugins/Login/Controller.php(98): 
Piwik_Controller-
>setBasicVariablesView('TopMenu.add')
/home/****/piwik/plugins/Login/Controller.php(86): 
Piwik_Login_Controller->configureView() 
#11 /home/****/piwik/plugins/Login/Controller.php(46): 
Piwik_Login_Controller->login() #12 
/home/****/piwik/core/FrontController.php(138): 
Piwik_Login_Controller-
>index(Object(Piwik_View)) #13 
/home/****/piwik/core/Controller.php(723): 
Piwik_FrontController-
>dispatch(Object(Piwik_View)) #14 
/home/****/piwik/plugins/CoreHome/Controller.php(42): 
Piwik_Controller->redirectToIndex() #15 
/home/****/piwik/core/FrontController.php(138): 
Piwik_CoreHome_Controller-
>redirectToCoreHomeIndex() #16 
/home/****/piwik/index.php(53): 
Piwik_FrontController->dispatch(Array, 
Array) #17 {main}

This wasn’t resolved when I upgraded again to 1.10.1. Piwik seems to operate fine otherwise. Any suggestions?

have you enabled Debug or logging in your config/config.ini.php file ?

No, there aren’t any logging options in my config.ini.php file. I don’t know if this helps, but this is in my global.ini.php file:

[log]
;possible values for log: screen, database, file
; by default, standard logging/debug messages are hidden from screen
;logger_message = screen
logger_error = screen
logger_exception = screen

; if set to 1, only requests done in CLI mode (eg. the archive.sh cron run) will be logged
; NOTE: log_only_when_debug_parameter will also be checked for
log_only_when_cli = 0

; if set to 1, only requests with “&debug” parameter will be logged
; NOTE: log_only_when_cli will also be checked for
log_only_when_debug_parameter = 0

; if configured to log in files, log files will be created in this path
; eg. if the value is tmp/logs files will be created in /path/to/piwik/tmp/logs/
logger_file_path = tmp/logs

; all calls to the API (method name, parameters, execution time, caller IP, etc.)
; disabled by default as it can cause serious overhead and should only be used wisely
;logger_api_call = file

Can you reupload all files from 1.10.1 and try again ?

OK, I just re-uploaded all the files via FTP. No change.

I’m having exactly the same issue. There is no login screen. Just the error message. All worked perfect before the update. “You can’t access this resource as it requires an view access for at least one website.”

try with different browser ?

try to login with Super User (login found in your config.ini.php file)

I get this error in Chrome, Firefox and Android. The login fields are still displayed below the error boxes, I can login (with Super User), and as far as I can tell, Piwik is running normally once I’m in.

Pure after the update did you reload the geoip dat file back to the original location it would be required to run with on the new version of piwik?

Interesting… I’ve been getting this error on logins since I first started using Piwik last year, since version 1.8, and I just ignored it because I’ve seen it with other apps, where cookies get confused or something.

It happens when I restart a browser session, and go back to my saved Piwik window/tab… it has logged me out, and has the full URL on whatever page I happened to be on at the time.

The error appears above the login fields, and if I try to login with the error displayed there, it doesn’t log me in, and just returns me to the login page with the error above the fields, but if I clear the options off the login URL, say change the URL from

http://statsurl.com/index.php?module=MultiSites&action=index&idSite=1&period=month&date=today

to just be

http://statsurl.com/index.php

the error panel disappears, and the superuser login works just fine. And yes, I get it when using both Chrome and Firefox.

I just figured this was a known bug being worked on, since it happens to me all the time whenever I quit and restart my browsers (which are set to restart back to the previous session’s windows & tabs)

That’s strange I have not experienced this issue. Maybe other users experience the same bug as well ?

lesjokolat - I still have the default GeoIP setup, and I don’t see that .dat file anywhere.

I added:

log_only_when_debug_parameter = 1
to the config.ini.php file, so now at least I only see the error message, and not the entire error log.

I have now received that error message within my dashboard; when I attempted to open the detailed visitor log, it didn’t load and returned the line: “You can’t access this resource as it requires an view access for at least one website.” Had to go into settings and then return to the dashboard before it would load.

Ok just to be clear before you upgraded which geo ip did you have installed?

Just the core Geolocation, currently included with Piwik as the default.

[quote=matt]
That’s strange I have not experienced this issue. Maybe other users experience the same bug as well ?[/quote]

Dunno, this is the first time I’ve stumbled across any mention of it here. And I am not using any of the GeoIP plugins other than what’s the builtin default, so I know that’s not causing it for me.

What can I turn on or check to see if you can try to recreate it for yourself?

Typically, I stay on the “All Websites” page all the time, and am logged in as superuser when I quit either Firefox or Chrome. When I start up either browser again, and go back to that particular Piwik tab, it’s sitting at that URL, with the login panel and the error box above it.

If I try to login there, it will fail and bring back up that same page. But if I make it go to the index.php, the error box goes away, and I can login just fine.

I dont know if your site is in wordpress or not but

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wp-piwik-two-problems

Sounded a bit similar…

If its not in WP the dashboard you have as default when you login can you once in delete the widgets leave the dashboard blank or as near blank to see if a corrupt widget is the problem?

I also think check to see if you are using a proxy setting

http://piwik.org/faq/how-to-install/#faq_98

I found another site with a similar error and i noticed they were using a proxy. Maybe the upgrade deelted your old proxy settings?

Greetings all - installed the latest update and I, too, am getting the following error, “You can’t access this resource as it requires an view access for at least one website.” I am an amateur webmaster and I have no idea what to do. This was an automatic install via Dreamhost.

[quote=lesjokolat]
I dont know if your site is in wordpress or not but

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wp-piwik-two-problems

Sounded a bit similar…

If its not in WP the dashboard you have as default when you login can you once in delete the widgets leave the dashboard blank or as near blank to see if a corrupt widget is the problem?[/quote]

Huh? What would a WordPress site being tracked have to do with me logging into the Piwik admin site? They aren’t even on the same servers.

And no, never used proxies.

ok I am working a bit blind, hence me grasping at ideas, what are some of the server specs?

The proxy idea came from another link i found they had the exact same admin login issue.

How is the piwik tracking code being injected onto pages? via an include?

Where are you accessing the site from? A home or business connection? Have you tried to access from another connection site?