Error message on login page after upgrade to 1.10

If you have the same error with and without a customization, I think it’s clear that the customization is not the problem.

No I am leaning more towards there is an issue for the one click installs. I thought the customlogos above were customizations but I am guessing those come from one click installs then.

Did you you do a manual install or was it via the one click install?

The custom logos are from the standard Piwik options/settings. This is not a Dreamhost autoupgrade, but using the upgrade from within Piwik. Having errors and being able to log in is one thing, but having a site where you can’t log in is unacceptable. I surprised there is no fix for this by now.

Is there any apache web logs you can view to see if there are any hints there?

Any progress or hints on how to resolve this?
Did a one click upgrade, previous version was 1.9.x. I have the CAS plugin but the error message seems to be the same a previous reports.

any apache error logs output?

[quote=lesjokolat]
any apache error logs output?[/quote]

Nope.

Another site with the same issue, might be a co-incidence, but it’s also hosted by dreamhost as a few others I’ve noticed.

As the common thread seems to be related to Dreamhost’s one click install, I have submitted a help ticket through their system. Perhaps they can help. I do however plan to keep looking elsewhere as it is not definite that the problem lies with Dreamhost.

-Jason

Mine was a Dreamhost one-click install as well, about one year ago. Please let us know how DH responds, Jason.

I’ve got a self hosted setup and the same error. No Dreamhost.

I am able to reproduce this on my self hosted setup. It seems plugin related.
We’re using the CAS plugin for SSO integration. This has worked fine in previous releases. After disabling the CAS plugin the “Error: You can’t access this resource as it requires an view access for at least one website.” message and stacktrace are gone. I am able to login with a local account.
When the plugin is re-enabled the error re-occurs.

Could it be some event structure has changed and certain events are not propegating properly?
Or has the underlying authentication mechanism changed?

I have only the plugins that come with the app. No CAS plugin is even available to me yet I have the error. I’ve disabled the example plugins and hate to enable/disable others as I don’t wish to risk losing any data. I’m able to access the data through a third party tool and really don’t have the time to play with this thing without a smoking gun to follow. It’s a needle in a haystack apparently or everyone else here is also waiting for the other guy to figure it out.

Neither of my two Piwik installs are on Dreamhost.

One is on Hostgator, one is self-hosted on a virtual server built for us, and neither were one-click installs. Both setups have this error.

Also, nothing ever showed in the apache error logs.

Anyone experiencing this issue, Can you send me an email with the FTP user+pwd+Piwik login+pwd + url + bug description at matt@piwik and i’ll take a look, thanks!

[quote=matt]
Anyone experiencing this issue, Can you send me an email with the FTP user+pwd+Piwik login+pwd + url + bug description at matt@piwik and i’ll take a look, thanks![/quote]

Matt, I sent you a FTP password via email. DId you get it?

[quote=matt]
Anyone experiencing this issue, Can you send me an email with the FTP user+pwd+Piwik login+pwd + url + bug description at matt@piwik and i’ll take a look, thanks![/quote]

Hi Matt,
can’t do that, ftp will give you access to a lot more on my hosting than just the piwik instance. Is there any logs or debug info I can provide?

I’ve been having the same issue too!

[quote=“You can’t access this resource as it requires an view access for at least one website.”][/quote]

It started few days after the latest update. Tried using the Super Login but to no avail.

Hi Matt,
looking at the SQL table piwik_user, the entry for “Administrator” is missing, I only have 1 row with “anonymous” as the user name.

John

and the table “piwik_access” has no entries.

If you tell me how to manually create these, I can see if that resovles the issue.