Daily E-mail report not sending e-mails

Hello all I hope someone can let me know how to fix this.

I installed Piwik 1.7 and the Daily e-mails were working fine sending avery day. I then updated to 1.8 and now I am not getting the e-mails everyday. Please let me know how to fix this right away.

I’m struggling with the same problem. Some help would be awesome.

Hello
Same problem for me after an update to the 1.8.2 all automatic reports are not sent !!!

Please This urgent because this problem affect all my clients websites ( more than 35 !!!)

I need helps X(

Same, update to 1.8.2 disabled automatic emails, before 1.8.1 working just fine. I can manually trigger them using the send button, but then what’s the point of Automatic?

Can you try to chmod 777 the tmp/ folder and tmp/tcpdf/ folders?

Hi !

Same problem here. I will try to chmod -R 777 /piwik/tmp. I let you know if it works tomorrow.

Ludovic

Hello Matt

I have done all your settings but NO automatic REPORT yet !!!

Patrice

Same here, no report today. However when you trigger manually the mail, it works.

Ludovic

Same again made the changes and still nothing.

Question, is everyone here using Windows Server environments? I’m using Windows Server 2008 R2, with IIS7. Just curious…

Ubuntu 9.10 for me

Ubuntu 12.04
Same problem no daily reports.
Manually send, then report is OK.

same here, no daily (nor weekly) reports. Manual send works.

using debian etch, PHP 5.2.0

tried to chmod /tmp to 777 - did not help

Yea, I tried upgrading my IIS to php 5.4, no dice there. No automatics whatsoever. Anyone know a way to trigger the process? It’s kind of hard to guess the time, I know it’s like 2am or something, I want to see if I can research the logs.

I now have made a work-around on my debian.

i have created a cronjob running this command:

wget -q --output-document=/dir_to_piwik_reports/report_piwik.pdf 'http://www.mypiwikserver.doh/index.php?module=API&action=index&idSite=1&period=day&date=yesterday&token_auth=[u]my_private_token_auth[/u]&method=PDFReports.generateReport&idReport=2&outputType=1&language=de&reportFormat=pdf'

Be sure to replace [my_private_token_auth] to your token_auth
You can copy the Link from your “Download PDF”-Link in Piwik.
This generates the PDF and stores it to a directory. However, you might want to pipe it to mail.
Hope that helps. Enjoy.

I’ll give that a whirl had the auth link… how do you per say “Pipe it to Mail”?

[quote=jrmuller]
how do you per say “Pipe it to Mail”?[/quote]

My example just copies the PDF file to a directory on the server. If you want to get the file mailed to your mail address, you need to do some more than just running the mentioned code. Since it is enough for me, to get the pdf as a file on the server, i did not make the effort to mail it to me. So how to do is something you might find out for yourself, i cant help you here :wink:

I got ya… and that works perfectly… Thank you… it’s the automatic emailing of those reports that’s the hat trick… since upgrading… appreciate the help.

I got the same problem after upgrading 1.7 to 1.8.2.

mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 1073741824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes)

It doesn´t matter if I spend my php environment 128MB,1024MB or up to 16GB - every time the memory limit will be reached.

I noticed, that the error may be caused by one of my 6 websites - if I remove it from automatic daily report it works fine.
So I tried to delete the site from tracking, deleted all saved data in the past and created a new site - the same problem.

So some data that has to been worked on seems to cause this error - but how to find a solution?

nucknuck that’s very strange indeed, maybe it could be a bug in Piwik or PHP

Can you reproduce the issue all the time? for example if you export the DB on a different server(if possible) does the problem happen again?