Can't access Matomo in browser after Ubuntu 22.04 upgrade

Hi,

I just upgraded my server to Ubuntu 22.04. I can’t access to Matomo anymore after the upgrade.

I have read this other post. It seems my problem is similar, I also had an issue with PHP (new PHP version on my system was 8.1, whereas the apache mods-enable still contained the older PHP v7.4).

PHP now seems properly setup: I can browse my.server.ip/info.php and see the PHP page. But I still can’t access Matomo, I only get a blank page.

Do you have any idea how I can fix this issue?

Many thanks in advance for your help,
Thibaut

Hi all,

I am still struggling with this issue.

I intend to try reinstalling matomo. But if I do this won’t I lose the data that I had accumulated before upgrading Ubuntu version?

Is there any way to backup this data, reinstall matomo, and then recover the backup?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

I finally manage to fix this issue.

I removed my matomo folder (which did not delete my data, stored in the mysql database). And performed a fresh install. During the install, at the tables creation step, I was proposed to re-use the previous tables.

Prior to that I had backed up my data just in case, using these instructions: https://matomo.org/faq/how-to/how-do-i-backup-and-restore-the-matomo-data/