Cannot recover password after upgrade to piwik 3.0

Hello,

I successfully updated piwik 2.7 to 3.0, after that logged out and revert admin pass from the database using the values it used to have in piwik_user table.

I tried to change again the admin pass using this how-to
http://piwik.org/faq/how-to/faq_191/

but I still get an authentication error.

I have also tried to reset password using the “Lost your password?” but it didn’t worked.

Currently I’m locked out. How can I change the pass on version 3?

Thanks

Hi there,

We’ve just updated the FAQ to now include instructions for resetting password in Piwik 3: How do I change the Super User’s password when password recovery emails are not sent? - Analytics Platform - Piwik

If you have any question please ask here: Update FAQ: How do I change the Super User’s password when password recovery emails are not sent? · Issue #10941 · matomo-org/piwik · GitHub

Enjoy!

1 Like

I followed the updated FAQ but I couldn’t login. I noticed that the password field is smaller that the output string from the php command. so I re-ran the update using this guide
After the update, I get sql errors, I would like to try the update again. How do I force Piwik to re-upgrade the database from a past version? - Analytics Platform - Matomo and no errors returned.

But now when I login and go to page Visitors -> Visitor Log I get this output:
Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column ‘log_link_visit_action.interaction_position’ in ‘field list’ :frowning:

Looks like the update wasn’t properly applied for you… Piwik 3.0 upgrade error process (bug/missing table update)

Thanks for the reply.
So if I got this right, I should manually add columnt interaction_position (MEDIUMINT UNSIGNED DEFAULT NULL) manually. But on which table?

on log_link_visit_action table

OK I added the column, I no longer get this error but no activity is shown :confused:
Also I get a warning:

WARNING: /var/www/piwik/plugins/Actions/Actions.php(43): Notice - Undefined index: visit_total_interactions - Piwik 3.0.0 - Please report this message in the Piwik forums: http://forum.piwik.org (please do a search first as it might have been reported already)

In my logs I see Error query: fetch() failed: Unknown column ‘visit_total_interactions’ in 'field list’
Should I add column visit_total_interactions (MEDIUMINT UNSIGNED DEFAULT 0) on table piwik_log_visit ?

I added the column and now I see real-time visitors.

Also I noticed that when I run
/var/www/piwik/console core:archive
I get the error:
Unknown column 'log_conversion.config_device_type' in 'field list' - caused by plugin DevicesDetection

Is there any way, other than re-running the update, to check the database scheme?

Also I saw that there’s an open issue for this error.