Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated

I had piwik installed and running just fine… was installed like 2 months ago… can’t remember the version but it was the latest back then.

Anyway, trying to log into piwik now results in this php error:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/php5/Log.php on line 168

What should I do? If I install a new version, will the data I currently have, stay or get erased?

Thanks!

(Matthieu Aubry) #2

Can you update to 2.0.3-b3 by allowing beta, this should fix it, if not, let me know

what about the data I currently have? will it stay intact if I update?

(Matthieu Aubry) #4

yes

Looks like I can’t grab the beta… I looked in the faq and it says I need to login to my piwik to enable beta access, but I can’t, because of the issue presented in the beginning of this thread. What do you suggest then? can I grab it from somewhere else? :slight_smile:

Anyone??? :frowning:

?? :S

(Matthieu Aubry) #8

You can grab it from: Index of /

Thanks, I already got it, installed it and mid-way of installing it comes up with the error I posted above. What should I do then?

(Matthieu Aubry) #10

Check all files are uploaded properly from the beta version, and then what error exactly do you get?

Something here is acting strange… I had a post above, from a week ago with the error I received while trying to install. How did it get deleted?

This is the error I was getting while trying to install 2.0.3 b3 a week ago:

Critical Error during the update process:
.../analytics/piwik/core/Updates/2.0-b3.php:
Error trying to execute the query 'ALTER TABLE piwik_log_visit ADD COLUMN  visit_total_events SMALLINT(5) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AFTER visit_total_searches'.
The error was: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 ALTER TABLE causes auto_increment resequencing, resulting in duplicate entry '129' for key 'PRIMARY'

I can try b6 next, but I’m not sure that will solve it. It seems like it’s trying to upgrade the sql db to the new version and fails.

(Matthieu Aubry) #12

did you customize the table in the database? this error seems impossible to occur in a “Standard piwik db”

(Matthieu Aubry) #13

Do you use Phpmyadmin? i’m wondering what output of this command is:

SHOW INDEX FROM piwik_log_visit

Yes, the server where the website is hosted is using PMA 3.1.5. I never modified the table. Never.

(Matthieu Aubry) #15

please send output of this command: from phpmyadmin:

SHOW INDEX FROM piwik_log_visit

(or screenshot showing the full result) thanks

http://s3.amazonaws.com/awesome_screenshot/3688961?AWSAccessKeyId=0R7FMW7AXRVCYMAPTPR2&Expires=1389573060&Signature=rx1UIxNTZGvjtiWpW6UF5fy6%2F4M%3D

(Matthieu Aubry) #17

your message was empty?

No… I posted a screen shot… the forum is messing with the posts. A spam bot maybe?

(Matthieu Aubry) #19

maybe try “DELETE FROM piwik_log_visit WHERE idvisit=129”

and try again the update?

YES!!! that worked!!! :slight_smile:

However, it is b3 and until we solved it, latest is already b6, so do you advise on upgrading again or staying with b3 for the time being / until a new stable build comes out? I know the beta is already considered stable though.