Adwords campaign rejected. For Google Matomo javascript is a Malware

I had prepared an adwords campaign but the campaign was rejected and the google assistance told me that “you need to remove the Matomo javascript as it is a malware”. Why?

"Your site has been blocked for violation of our “Malicious or unwanted software” policy, as our most recent scans have found malicious programs and strings on your site. In order to guarantee the safety of users, the publication of resources with content potentially harmful to its customers is not permitted.

For your convenience I send you the following list of malware detected by our systems, I invite you to analyze it together with your webmaster so as to be able to proceed with their removal independently:

/matomo.js"

1 Like

Hi,

That’s quite something. Just to make sure that they aren’t correct, can you please make sure that the matomo.js file hasn’t been modified by some other software on the server (it isn’t completly impossible that some malware searched the server for .js files and appended something to all of them).

Can you paste here the content of your matomo.js so we can check if it’s been tampered with?