Wrong GeoIP information

Today I check a visitors log and that I saw: same provider but different countries. But I known that is provider only from one country and doesn’t provide ISP services in other.

I check two IP in piwik and see that first from US and second from Russia. But when I check this IPs in my own handwrite php script(that use the same geoipcity.dat) I see that these users from Ukraine.

What’s wrong?

Do you use IP anonmization?

[quote=matt]
Do you use IP anonmization?[/quote]

No.

so maybe it is a bug of maxmind geolocation data… if you see it happening a lot, let us know.

[quote=matt]
so maybe it is a bug of maxmind geolocation data… if you see it happening a lot, let us know.[/quote]

Ok. In the evening, I’ll try another version of the GeoIP database.

Good news: GeoIP is now integrated in Piwik, enabling Accurate Visitors Geolocation in your Analytics reports. To enable GeoIP go to the Settings > Geolocation admin page, and follow the short instructions.

You can also get an even more accurate Country & City Database from here to enjoy top accuracy in detecting your visitors locations.

See also the documentation about Geolocation - Analytics Reports in Piwik.

Good news: GeoIP is now integrated in Piwik, enabling Accurate Visitors Geolocation in your Analytics reports. To enable GeoIP go to the Settings > Geolocation admin page, and follow the short instructions.

You can also get an even more accurate Country & City Database from here to enjoy top accuracy in detecting your visitors locations.

See also the documentation about Geolocation - Analytics Reports in Piwik.