Windows 8.1

Hi,
Started using piwik a few days ago and discovered that windows 8.1 is showing as Windows NT. Anyone else discovered this? and is there a way to fix it?

Thanks,
Ben

Can you try with Piwik 2.0 301 Moved Permanently

maybe this bug was already fixed

Have updated to Piwik 2.0 and it still shows as Windows NT

IE 11 and Windows 8.1 are not detected correctly from the user agent string. It would be nice if a patch also for Piwik 1.x could be provided since 2.0 is still in BETA. If anyone has tweaked UserAgentParser.php from the current Piwik 1.x please post the changes to that file. Thanks!

should be fixed in Detect windows 8.1 · Issue #4235 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub ?

not sure if IE11 works in all cases.Let me know if you find any bug.

Thanks! That helps to correctly detect Win8.1 however IE11 is still not recognized (“unkown”).

Maybe this helps: Internet Explorer 11’s Many User-Agent Strings – IEInternals

Thanks a lot for your help!

Ahh,

You got to love microsoft, everytime they make a change all the web developers out there have to redesign their code.

Even from asp you cannot get the Browser name or version anymore with IE 11. The only way I’ve been able to detect it (without using feature detection) is the Trident/7.0 in the user agent string.

I’m not a php programmer but if someone out there is and can modify the script to check for trident 7 if unknown then please show me how to do it :slight_smile:

Thanks

Hello,
Any chance for Windows 8.1 being identified by Piwik ?
Ticket 4235 has been marked as fixed but the modified scripts are not included in 2.0, 2.0.1 or 2.0.2 versions.
Btw, the modified scripts are not usefull since “config_os” field in “piwik_log_visit” MySQL table is defined as “char(3)” and the scripts will try to add “WI8.1” as value.

Any information ?

Hi lorenzo91,

You need to do one of 2 things:

1. Set Piwik to allow beta downloads / updates (Piwik Admin Panel/Settings/General Settings: Set “When checking for new version of Piwil, always get” to “The latest beta release”

or

1. Download the files from GitHub: GitHub - matomo-org/matomo: Liberating Web Analytics. Star us on Github? +1. Matomo is the leading open alternative to Google Analytics that gives you full control over your data. Matomo lets you easily collect data from websites, apps & the IoT and visualise this data and extract insights. Privacy is built-in. We love Pull Requests!

SR

[quote=srmobile]
Hi lorenzo91,
You need to do one of 2 things:

1. Set Piwik to allow beta downloads / updates (Piwik Admin Panel/Settings/General Settings: Set “When checking for new version of Piwil, always get” to "The latest beta release"
    or
  2. Download the files from GitHub: GitHub - matomo-org/matomo: Liberating Web Analytics. Star us on Github? +1. Matomo is the leading open alternative to Google Analytics that gives you full control over your data. Matomo lets you easily collect data from websites, apps & the IoT and visualise this data and extract insights. Privacy is built-in. We love Pull Requests!
    SR[/quote]

Used point 1. and now I have version 2.0.3-B4. But Windows 8.1 is still not detected.

To avoid attracting spam, I have locked this thread.

If you want to continue this discussion, please create a new thread.