Website selector does not allow access to all sites

I attempted to update to version 1.8.3 earlier and today, to 1.8.4. In both versions, I have a problem with the website selector. It seems that the options in the drop-down are being covered by other frames, which makes all but the first one selectable.

In the attachment, I show a print of the drop-downs from version 1.8.2 and 1.8.4. In the 1.8.4 version, you can see lines crossing the drop-down and the last choice “All Websites” is overlayed by the “About Piwik 1.8.4” box.

I updated using the automatic update option. Is this a feature? or is there something I can do to resolve this?

Thanks for any help.

do you have the same issue on the demo.piwik.org ?
what browser are you using? can you try with firefox or chrome or opera?

Hi Matt,

The selector in the demo does work as expected.

I am using IE8, but just tried again with Firefox 12.0 and Chrome 21.0.1180.89 m. On firefox and chrome, the drop-down doesn’t even expand.

Try deleting the files in piwik/tmp/assets/*
and refresh your Piwik ?

Matt, I deleted those files, but it made no difference.

Can you send me email to matt@piwik with piwik URL + login + password + bug description? Thanks

Matt,

Sorry, this instance is on a secure intranet so you will not be able to access it.

Do you get any error in the javascript console in firebug or Chrome ?

Matt,

I was working with this a little more and used IE’s Developer Tools and found that my IE browser was set to IE8-Compatibility mode. I set it to IE8 Standard mode and the problem is no more. After clearing the assets, both Firefox and Chrome also seem to work ok.

Thanks for your help on this.