Visits over time - date range

Hi Friends,
Normally I keep the Visits Over Time widget on the dashboard set for Day. And normally, it automatically switches to the next day, and I don’t have to do anything to make that happen.

But once in a while (maybe twice yearly), when I want to see some longer range graphs, I switch it and look once or twice at Month, Year, or maybe a custom Date Range. And I probably switch back and forth, looking at a few different graphs over 45 minutes or something. And that works fine, no problems.

The problem happens when I switch it back to Day. Then, it no longer goes to the next day automatically. For the next few weeks, when I visit, I notice it’s not displaying today’s date, and I have to manually open the date widget and click on today in that calendar. After a few weeks, and I have no idea what causes it, but suddenly it’s starts going to the next day automatically again.

This has been happening ever since I started using Piwik (5 years ago), and now with Matomo (my current version is 3.5.1). I would probably look at different graphs more often, if this didn’t happen. But unfortunately, I try to avoid it because of this problem.

Is there some explanation for this, or possibly a fix? Or should I maybe report this as a bug?

Thanks for your help :slightly_smiling_face: