Visitors in Real-time stopped working after update to 3.0

Same here.

It seems like all ‘live’ events are trying to be recorded in UTC, no matter what time you have set for each site.

So for me for example, on Eastern Standard Time (-5 UTC), ‘live’ events are trying to be stored 5 hours ahead of me. Thus right now:

EST: 8:20PM, 20th Dec 2016, but Piwik is attempting to store all ‘live’ events: 1:20am on 21st Dec 2016. It can’t record the live events, because 21st Dec doesn’t exist in my timezone. Once 21st Dec exists in my timezone it works fine, but the same thing occurs at 7pm because then 22nd Dec won’t exist in my timezone.

It I set each website to UTC, live events work fine (aside from they’re obviously not the timezone of the site and server, nor my timezone).

Problem fixed.
The database was 7GB in size, innodb has the thing that it copies the table, and then on-the-fly alters the table.
Let my HDD size to be smaller then needed, so I fixed a partition of 100GB to handle MySQL data, and the upgrade run fine after.

Perhaps other people have the same issue.

So is the fix something that we need to do or in a up coming Piwik update?

@rabo. I think Power2All was having a different issue.

Upgraded to 3.0 a few days ago and this was working, however I went and changed the website that loads by default via Administration > Personal > Settings > Report To Load By Default.

I switched the setting, then reloaded Piwik and the widget for “Visitors In Real Time” does not show any data. I switched it back to the site it was previously, no data.

Further, the I click on “View Detailed Visitor Log” I get 0 results. However, when I change the day to yesterday, then I get results. Switching the day back to today on the Detailed Visitor Log shows me today’s visitors.

Wanted to mention my experience with this issue

1 Like

Has anyone created an issue for this?

It’s sad to see the problem still persists in the new 3.0.1

Make sure to create an issue in the tracker: Issues · piwik/piwik · GitHub as we do not use forums to track bugs

Thanks Matthieu. Been out of town for longer than expected, super busy, just got back. I will figure out the process for submitting a bug to the tracker and try to do that soon, unless somebody else who is familiar with the process is going to or has already done so.

the bug was reported here: Visitors in real time data gone after 4PM Piwik 3.0 · Issue #11165 · matomo-org/piwik · GitHub

This issue appears to be fixed as of 3.0.2 update.