Visitors in Real Time, incorrect display of page titles

I just upgraded from 1.12 to 2.2.1 (the upgrade went smoothly – thank you).

In the “Visitors in Real Time” display on the dashboard, the page title displayed in the text displayed when hovering over the visited page icons does not convert HTML entities correctly.

Example: If the visited page title contains an ampersand, the ampersand is represented by the HTML entity & and any double quotes in that title become "

This used to work correctly in version 1.12 and earlier. I can’t say about any 2.x versions.

If you need to see this in my Piwik installation, please contact me by e-mail to get proper access authorizations.

The incorrect display of page titles occurs in the visitor profile also, and happens not just with information recorded in the database by version 2.2.1 but also with historical data recorded by version 1.12.

By the way:
The sites being tracked by Piwik are still using the old (not “asynchronous”) code to link to Piwik. I don’t think this has any bearing on the incorrect display of the page titles.

Simple suggestion: Empty /piwik/tmp/ and if using Opcode accelerator (Xcache, APC) restart Apache.

Then relogin and refresh using CTRL-F5.

Tell us if it worked.

Dali

This was a fresh install, with only the configuration file and the database carried over from the original 1.12.

I copied the configuration file from the 1.12 installation into the “config” directory on my local PC. Then, I let FTP create all of the directories and files from the unzipped copy of “latest.zip” into an empty directory on the server. Afterwards, the permissions on everything were set to 755, except for the config and tmp directories and their contents, which were set to 777. The old 1.12 directory was re-named, and the new 2.2.1 directory on the server was re-named to match what the tracking code in my application was already expecting. Next, I logged into Piwik with my Superuser credentials and proceeded with the database upgrade. This procedure minimized downtime.

My test was the first use of version 2.2.1, so everything should have been “clean”.

I notice, on further testing, that the title display of visited pages is correct for Actions --> Page Titles, but is not correct for Visitors --> Visitor Log or for page titles displayed on the dashboard.

In the “Visitors in Real Time” display on the dashboard, the page title displayed in the text displayed when hovering over the visited page icons does not convert HTML entities correctly.

Example: If the visited page title contains an ampersand, the ampersand is represented by the HTML entity & and any double quotes in that title become "

The incorrect display of page titles occurs in the visitor profile also, and happens not just with information recorded in the database by version 2.2.1 but also with historical data recorded by version 1.12.

See the following bug reports: