Visitor Log - All same IP and provider

Hi there,

I installed Piwik yesterday on our server, and everything seems to be working correctly. The visitor log shows users from different countries and is differentiating unique users. However, all the entries come up as the same IP and provider.

I have searched around on this issue, but haven’t been able to find anything to fix it. I have since also installed GeoIP which is running fine too, but the same IP and provider always comes up.

The server is not yet behind a load balancer, which is what I initially thought to be causing the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Are you using php tracking api.
If so, you have to set the ip manually via setIP()-method (PiwikTracker - Matomo Analytics (formerly Piwik Analytics) - Developer Docs - v3)

This question is asked pretty often, so I’ve added a FAQ as well (including @null-minus-null suggestion)
http://piwik.org/faq/troubleshooting/faq_17710/

let us know if this helps!

Thanks for your replies :slight_smile:

I am not using the API to get the data, I am using the standard piwik set up. Is there maybe something in the config I can change to fix this issue?

I had a look in the piwik_log_visit table and the “location_ip” field is basically empty for all of them (it’s a blob with “. àe” in it).