Auflösung: 800x480

The thing is what Piwik 1.2.1 says:

System: Android
Browser: Android 4.0
Auflösung: 932x372 Dual View

Is that normal?

Kind regards,
Ben

Yes, its “normal”. i guess, to detect the Browser, Piwik use a simple UserAgentParser. It would be better to detect the Browser by “browsecap.ini”. The result would be more exact. But so is it for the moment :wink:

Is that the reason too for the resolution?

The resolution is as reported via JavaScript.

Right, we use the lightweight UserAgentParser instead of browsercap.ini.

For a broader range of mobile phone detection, see Mobile Analytics · Issue #1274 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

See request for a better device detection (Tv, console, versions for OS, mobile device) in piwik! this ticket: Better Device detection (mobile, TVs, consoles, etc.): New "Devices" report? · Issue #3612 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

[quote=matt]
See request for a better device detection (Tv, console, versions for OS, mobile device) in piwik! this ticket: Better Device detection (mobile, TVs, consoles, etc.): New “Devices” report? · Issue #3612 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub
So is this the reason why all Android users’ browsers are recognized as “Safari 4.0”?

what is the exact user agent that is causing trouble?

[quote=matt]
what is the exact user agent that is causing trouble?[/quote]
There is no specific user agent to blame as almost every Android device’s built-in browser (>90% of 220k+ visits so far) is tracked as Safari. Alternative browsers (Opera, FF) are recognized correctly. A few entries in my database show an “AN” in the ‘config_browser_name’ row, but they are old records.

I initially thought this was a bug but Google told me that it seems to be a common habit of Android devices to fake a Safari browser. At least they’re all Webkit based.