User permisstions & separate site pages as sites

Hi,

I’ve read all the docs available, but I still cannot get whether it is possible to do this using Piwik:

I have user_1 with homepage mysite.com/user_1,
user_2 with homepage mysite.com/user_2, etc

and these users are auto-generated.

Please tell me if it is possible to make user_1 see only stats for
mysite.com/user_1 (without ability to watch the whole site or /user_2 stats)?

If it is possible, how the permission mapping works? What is of the higher priority: “view” or “no permission” (if view is set to /user_1 and no permisstion is set to /*)

Thanks in advance. )

1. Yes, it is possible.
  2. You need to twick some piwik templates and disable “Action” extension to show only the specific URL stat to a user.
  3. On adding a new user, the system sets his permission level to “no permission” for all existing sites. The same behavior we have on adding a new URL. Further, you can open access to the certain users to the site list you need.

Thanks to the community, you didn’t help me at all, and I manually checked this out by installing the last version of Piwik.)

I’m new here myself, but it seems Piwik does not have a large community yet so folks like you (and myself hopefully) will just have to be the community.

Similar questions have been raised before. The answer is yes and no. It is possible but it isn’t core functionality, largely because it has to be integrated with a user database outside of piwik.