Use just the Tag Manager and requirements

Hellok, everyone
I’m thinking about using Matomo for the projects I work on, however I see Matomo Analytics and Matomo Tag Manager are integrated into a single product. I would like to use solely Tag Manager, is it possible at all? Speaking about server requirements I imagine these should be significantly lower compared to those in FAQ, is it true?
Let’s I have 30k visits per day - what type of setup would be enough to handle just the Tag Manager?

1 Like

It is possible to use MTM (Matomo Tag Manager) with other kind of analytics (see below).
Where will you collect data?

as usual: different social network pixels, rtbs, yandex metrika and so on
basically I need an alternative to GTM

If you need additional tracking (eg Yandex), it is possible to use the HTML or image tag to send the tracking

Hi Phillippe!

Any thought s about poossible server requirements (keeping in mind I’m not gonna use analytics)?

If you just need the tag manager, a very small server with PHP 7+ will be sufficient.

Hello,
I join this question. I want to use only Matomo Tag Manager without the Analytics module. My planned load is 25 million views per month. What are an app server requirements in this case? Should I need use a database server?

@Mr.Sparrow Have a look at:

Thanks for the link. Of course, I’ve already seen it. Unfortunately, there is information on the whole Analytics functionality. I am only interested in the requirements for Tag Manager only (without Analytics).

Do you track also on Matomo?
If you don’t track on Matomo, then a small configuration should be sufficient. But the database is mandatory (can be hosted on the same server as your Tag Manager)

About track: Do you mean server-side tracking? For data analytics we plan to use Yandex.Metrics.
So what are the requirements for load 25 million views per month?

I mean the server that will store the hits…
The Matomo server sizing will depends on the hits that Matomo server will gather (an compile).
If you just use Matomo for the MTM, and store (and compile) all hits on another service, then you just need the smallest configuration :wink:

1 Like

Ok, thanks for the help!
About database. If we use only MTM (all hits store on another service), no information will be stored in the database and it is used only for MTM administration? And there will be no load on the database.

I think it is not possible to install Matomo without database… (it is a step of the installation wizard). I think also that MTM management is stored in the database. So the size of the database you’ll need would be very low…

1 Like