Upgraded from 0.5.4 to 0.5.5 without errors in the process, but now can't see today's data

Data from previous days shows up just fine. However, when I try to look at any data from today in the dashboard for example I either get “no data for this table”, and in the Last Visits Graph I get the following error:

SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘)
AND name IN ( ‘nb_visits’ )’ at line 3

I’ve run archive.sh from the command line and that seemed to run successfully but didn’t help. I’ve also restarted apache and mysql. How do I either get this working or roll back to 0.5.4?

timezone mismatch

Thanks, that was the problem. Had time zone issues on the initial install and had put EST into the php.ini. I guess this was the first time since the time change that systems had been restarted. Switched the value to “US/Eastern” so hopefully won’t run into that again.

How did the timezone mismatch lead to a SQL error? I didn’t hear about this previously

Matt: http://forum.piwik.org/index.php?showtopic=1256

Thanks Anthon, and thanks for the patch you committed