Upgrade to Matomo - large installation?

Hi Friends,
I’m in the middle of upgrading from Piwik 2.5.something to whatever the current Matomo version is. I clicked the automatic upgrade, and almost immediately got a message that it was successful. But when I tried to find my dashboard, I see a long message with additional instructions - about upgrading the database.

It says that for large installations (or large database), I should temporarily disable visitor tracking. My first, and hopefully last question for this upgrade, is how do I judge whether my installation is large or not.

I would guess it is small. My site it pretty small. But I don’t really know what it is, relative to Matomo.

Also, 2nd question. It also says it might take a while. Should I be expecting several minutes or a few hours?

Thanks for your help

(You probably can’t tell by looking at my site, but just for info: Welcome to Inkscape Community! )

For such a big version jump, I would always choose the way over CLI.

Sorry, I don’t understand “the way over CLI”

Thanks

https://matomo.org/docs/update/#database-upgrade-for-high-traffic-matomo-servers

This will make sure, that no strange timeout or byte limit will break the update.

Unfortunately, I don’t know how to use the commandline.

I definitely don’t have a “high traffic” website. But maybe it could be a “large installation” or a “large database”. That’s what I’m asking. How do I know if it’s large enough that I should disable tracking, before I start to upgrade the database?

Thanks again

If you are asking that, you are not large enough.

I wish you the best for your database update.

1 Like

Ok, thanks :grinning: