Upgrade to 1.9.1 from old version

Is it posible to upgrade to 1.9.1 from 1.4 ? Or i have to do a upgrade to an intermediate version?
I have a 1giga piwik database

Sorry my inglish.

Es posible realizar una actualizacion a la version 1.9.1 desde la 1.4? O debo, previamente, hacer una actualizacion intermedia?
Tengo una base de datos, del piwik, de 1g.

You have a good deal of data so it would be time comsuming and risky i think, to give you an idea i had a couple sites I upgraded from 1.8.1 to 1.9 and it caused me to eventually delete and have to reset my instal losing my historical data.(luckily not a big deal for me)

Yours would concern me deeply, i would find from someone here on the dev team ideally their opinion or worst case a staged schedule of know stable versions to migrate step by step up to 1.9.X as i know there have been integral database updates since 1.4.

good luck

No, technically it should work and we have updated many users from old versions to the latest. If there’s a problem we can always get it fixed anyway.
the important point is to make a backup of the current DB and files, and make sure you can restore it if needed. But it is likely to work. See: Update Piwik - Analytics Platform - Matomo