Updating to 3.13.5 fails

I did the update 3.13.5 by the automatic install process and when it finished it would let get back into matomo. Now when I go to matomo to log in I get:

A fatal error occurred

Please contact the system administrator, or login to Matomo to learn more.

If you are Super User, but cannot login because of this error, you can still troubleshoot further. Follow these steps:

1. open the config/config.ini.php file and look for the salt value under [General] .
  2. edit this current URL you are viewing and add the following text (replacing salt_value_from_config by the salt value from the config file):

index.php?i_am_super_user=salt_value_from_config&....

When I add that text to the end of the url using my ‘salt’ value I get:

An error occurred

Action ‘index.php?i_am_super_user=MY-SALT’ not found in the module ‘CoreUpdater’

what should I do.
Thanks

Hi,

Please check the php error log to get more information about this issue.

Regarding the i_am_super_user:

The guide is maybe a bit vague, but you just need to add the additional GET parameter:

So

https://matomo.lw1.at/index.php?module=CoreHome&action=index

becomes

https://matomo.lw1.at/index.php?module=CoreHome&action=index&i_am_super_user=MY-SALT

Hi Lukas,

Thank you.

I think something happened with the update in the browser but it seems to do the update with the update complete message, so I manually installed this by FTPing the files over and then I was able to get it to finish the install in the browser.

The php error log doesn’t seem to show much:

[30-Apr-2020 01:16:38 UTC] Error in Matomo: Your Matomo version 3.13.5 is up to date.
[30-Apr-2020 01:16:50 UTC] Error in Matomo: Your Matomo version 3.13.5 is up to date.
[30-Apr-2020 01:25:08 UTC] Error in Matomo: Action 'index.php?i_am_super_user=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX' not found in the module 'CoreUpdater'

and further entries with my attempts with that urls failing.

It’s all working correctly now.

Thanks

1 Like

did you have enabled any special plugin?