Update from 1.1.2 to 2.3.0 - Anonymize IP - Setting

Hi Forum,

with Piwik 1.1.2 I could finetune the Anonymize IP - Part and mask all 4 octets of an ip with the setting [Tracker] ip_adress_mask_length = 4 in config.ini.php.

After the Update-Progress the config-line “ip_adress_mask_length” is gone and is ignored if I add it again. I switched to 3 octets-masking by means of the user-interface and want to switch back to 4 octets. Any idea to achieve this?

This is now configured via the user interface, where you can choose how many bytes to anonimise

Hi Matt,

via the user interface, I can choose to anonimise 1 byte up to 3 bytes. But there is no switch to anonimise all 4 bytes. Via the configuration-entry ip_adress_mask_length = 4 this was possible.

I don’t want to discuss the technical sense or nonsense of masking 4 bytes vs. masking 3 bytes, but I would appreciate if I could go back to my old setting and mask all 4 bytes. It’s a legal thing.

I would appreciate if I could go back to my old setting and mask all 4 bytes. It’s a legal thing.

OK that’s the first time someone asks to mask all 4 bytes, we didnt’ think of this use case before.
maybe you can create a ticket in issue tracker for the request? http://dev.piwik.org/