Update 1.2.1 -> 1.4 - No data only for the site number 1


#1

Hello,

Sorry for my bad english.

I have updated to 1.4 and now I don’t have any stats only for the first website.

Do you know this problem or it’s a error of my part ?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Alex


(Matthieu Aubry) #2

Check your error logs and Troubleshooting - Analytics Platform - Matomo


#3

I seem to have a similar issue. The main site seems fine but two other sites do not have any data for various reporting. The live display is working and visitor log shows data for today as well. I’m going to have a look at the apache/php logs and see if anything stands out.


#4

Same problem here but came from 1.3.


(Matthieu Aubry) #5

If Live! is working but your reports are not showing, Maybe the problem is that you have configured auto archiving properly. Please set “Enable archiving to be triggered from browser” to YES.

If it set to NO, make sure the cron tab is working and runs every hour as per instructions in How to Set up Auto-Archiving of Your Reports - Analytics Platform - Matomo


#6

I have auto archive running. There’s 3 sites being tracked right now but only 1 shows the data the others are missing. I’ll run it manually and see if that kicks it into gear.


#7

Hello Matt,

Thank you for your help.

It’s ok when I archive with “Enable archiving to be triggered from browser” but if I try with cron or with shell I have this error :

PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exha usted (tried to allocate 13979703 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/XXXX.xx/subdomains/s tats/httpdocs/core/Common.php on line 620

So I think I have a problem with cron …

Il have up the memory limit to 512 but it’s same problem.


#8

Still get that segmentation fault error but not when I rerun it a second time. The second run gives me this:

Archiving period = month for idsite = 1…
PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8208 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/stats.indepthoutdoors.com/httpdocs/piwik/core/DataTable.php on line 969

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8208 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/stats.indepthoutdoors.com/httpdocs/piwik/core/DataTable.php on line 969

memory setting is -1 (no limit) with 10 gigs on the server.


#9

[quote=azerty19]
It’s ok when I archive with “Enable archiving to be triggered from browser” but if I try with cron or with shell I have this error :
.[/quote]

Hey Matt -

Same here. Any ideas?


#10

Hello Dave,

I just find this ticket, I don’t know if it’s exactly the same problem but I think …


#11

That does seem similar. I wonder why it works from the browser but not from the command line?


#12

Found my memory issue - is a bug in core/Piwik.php. My memory_limit value is -1 for cli php.ini which is no limit but this causes Piwik to use 128MB by default which is not enough I guess.


/**
	 * Get php memory_limit (in Megabytes)
	 *
	 * Prior to PHP 5.2.1, or on Windows, --enable-memory-limit is not a
	 * compile-time default, so ini_get('memory_limit') may return false.
	 *
	 * @see http://www.php.net/manual/en/faq.using.php#faq.using.shorthandbytes
	 * @return int memory limit in megabytes
	 */
	static public function getMemoryLimitValue()
	{
		if($memory = ini_get('memory_limit'))
		{
			// handle shorthand byte options (case-insensitive)
			$shorthandByteOption = substr($memory, -1);
			switch($shorthandByteOption)
			{
				case 'G':
				case 'g':
					return substr($memory, 0, -1) * 1024;
				case 'M':
				case 'm':
					return substr($memory, 0, -1);
				case 'K':
				case 'k':
					return substr($memory, 0, -1) / 1024;
			}
			return $memory / 1048576;
		}
		return false;
	}

	/**
	 * Set PHP memory limit
	 *
	 * Note: system settings may prevent scripts from overriding the master value
	 *
	 * @param int $minimumMemoryLimit
	 * @return bool true if set; false otherwise
	 */
	static public function setMemoryLimit($minimumMemoryLimit)
	{
		// in Megabytes
		$currentValue = self::getMemoryLimitValue();
		if( ($currentValue === false
			|| $currentValue < $minimumMemoryLimit )
			&& @ini_set('memory_limit', $minimumMemoryLimit.'M'))
		{
			return true;
		}
		return false;
	}


(vipsoft) #13

Thanks Dave. We’ve fixed this in trunk. http://dev.piwik.org/trac/changeset/4620


#14

Hi Anthon - thanks for getting that fixed so quickly!

I also got rid of my segfault issue with the first run of archive.sh with a php based shell script. Others may or may not find it useful but it worked for me.
I posted it here: 301 Moved Permanently

Cheers,
~Dave