Understanding piwik

Hello all,

I am trying to understand piwik the best I can as I have been asked to develop some plugins for it.

I don’t have problems understanding how to code, either to create or extend a plugin.

My problem, however comes when I need to gather information… I mean I have no clue how I need to build the links for piwik to know the keywords, campaigns, or even conversions. I am more a developer than a Analytic’s guy! So I believe that half of the solution is to know your tool.

I know that I need to add the JavaScript tracking code and with that code it will find a lot of useful information but I want to take it a step further, how do I do that!? Can you point me to some resources to study.

I read some of the good things you can do with the javascript code but I could not find anything about keywords style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif

Sorry for my English it is not my native language style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Thank you very much, I look forward to hear from you!

LT

all the code related to keywords, campaigns conversions tracking is found in core/Tracker/ eg. http://dev.piwik.org/trac/browser/trunk/co…/Visit.php#L910

Wow this class is the core of piwik and all what I need to know style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Thank you very much that helped a lot.

Studying the code right now so I can extend it, I will avoid core modifications to keep the core clean for future updates style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif