Uncaught TypeError: Converting circular structure to JSON

I want to track a click on

<a href="javascript: void(0);" class="link-72dpi" data-download="" data-original-title="" title="">
TEXT
</a>

But i got this error. In an other Link Click tag i use the click element URL, but not on this. Is it a problem, if an other link click trigger wants to check the click url? How can i prevent this?

2 Likes

Hi,

That sounds a lot like

It would be great if you could test the patch and report back so that it can be merged:

I am using the Matomo Cloud. Cannot change the source code.

1 Like

In that case I have forwarded it to the team, so they can take a look at it.

2 Likes

Hi, I experienced the same issue while also using the Matomo Cloud version.

Any idea about the current status of this problem?

Thank you,

At least the patch mentioned above should be part of Matomo 4 and therefore Matomo Cloud.

Could you explain precisely how one can reproduce the issue?

Hi, thank you for your quick reply.

Because I didn’t know exactly how I could give you instructions to reproduce the problem, I investigated a bit more on my side.

The thing is, by stopping the Chrome debugger on the error it showed me that it comes from the “addDebugValues()” method. See

By looking at the associated source code, it appears that there is a fix that was recently commited: https://github.com/matomo-org/tag-manager/commit/a0c83c281a1554291ae6fb7ae378992fec9a9251#diff-1640c5122a4dad7a7d493acee6fc798c6f20edc6674ffaedbb973fb3c70599db

This modification will probably fix the bug, as soon as it is deployed on the Cloud version.

Hi,

Indeed the next Matomo release will include this fix.

1 Like

Excellent!

Do you have any idea about when this next release will happen?