Unable to install Piwik

Hi

Unable to install Piwik. Once I open www.mydomain.com/piwik/, it says the following:

problem writing temporary file ‘…/tmp/templates_c/wrt4d19fa0250c00’

Backtrace:

…/libs/Smarty/internals/core.write_file.php(32): Piwik_Smarty->trigger_error(‘problem writing…’)
libs/Smarty/internals/core.write_compiled_resource.php(29): smarty_core_write_file(Array, Object(Piwik_Smarty))
#2 libs/Smarty/Smarty.class.php(1431): smarty_core_write_compiled_resource(Array, Object(Piwik_Smarty))
#3 libs/Smarty/Smarty.class.php(1261): Smarty->_compile_resource(‘Installation/te…’, ‘/var/www/vhosts…’)
#4 core/View.php(154): Smarty->fetch(‘Installation/te…’)
#5 plugins/Installation/View.php(57): Piwik_View->render()
#6 plugins/Installation/Controller.php(89): Piwik_Installation_View->render()
#7 plugins/Installation/Installation.php(72): Piwik_Installation_Controller->welcome(‘The configurati…’)
#8 [internal function]: Piwik_Installation->dispatch(Object(Piwik_Event_Notification))
#9 libs/Event/Dispatcher.php(213): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#10 core/PluginsManager.php(391): Event_Dispatcher->addObserver(Array, ‘FrontController…’)
#11 core/PluginsManager.php(274): Piwik_PluginsManager->addPluginObservers(Object(Piwik_Installation))
#12 core/PluginsManager.php(182): Piwik_PluginsManager->reloadPlugins()
#13 core/FrontController.php(208): Piwik_PluginsManager->loadPlugins(Array)
#14 index.php(59): Piwik_FrontController->init()
#15 {main}

Can anyone kindly assist?

Can you check to make sure fopen isn’t disabled in your php.ini?

where is php.ini?

Try reinstalling it, probably that should work…

It should be in the very root - one level above the public_html directory (above whichever directory contains your website files)

If you start messing with it make sure you get a backup first, or suffer the wrath of HRID (head repeatedly impacting desk)… personal experience - my keyboard Shift button is still deeply lodged within my Orbitofrontal cortex (at least I get to look forward to frequent and unprovoked jolts of dopamine)