Unable to allocate memory for pool

i am running centOS 5.5
Apache/2.2.8 (CentOS)
PHP Version 5.3.5

i have a pentium i7 processor with 6 gb of ram

i ran a search in google and was only able to pull up other sites that received this error on install

i ran a search in this forum and found nothing related.

on the second page of install i get this error

[quote="require_once(): Unable to allocate memory for pool.
in ‘/home/toonamo/public_html/analytics/core/Loader.php’ at the line 72

#0 Piwik_ErrorHandler(2, require_once(): Unable to allocate memory for pool., /home/toonamo/public_html/analytics/core/Loader.php, 72, Array ([class] => Piwik_Installation_View,[classPath] => Installation/View,[dir] => /plugins/,[path] => /home/toonamo/public_html/analytics/plugins/Installation/View.php)) called at [/home/toonamo/public_html/analytics/core/Loader.php:72]
#1 Piwik_Loader::loadClass() called at [/home/toonamo/public_html/analytics/core/Loader.php:72]
#2 Piwik_Loader::loadClass(Piwik_Installation_View) called at [/home/toonamo/public_html/analytics/core/Loader.php:109]
#3 Piwik_Loader::autoload(Piwik_Installation_View)
#4 spl_autoload_call(Piwik_Installation_View) called at [/home/toonamo/public_html/analytics/plugins/Installation/Controller.php:99]
#5 Piwik_Installation_Controller->systemCheck(The configuration file {/home/toonamo/public_html/analytics/config/config.ini.php} has not been found.) called at [/home/toonamo/public_html/analytics/plugins/Installation/Installation.php:72]
#6 Piwik_Installation->dispatch(Piwik_Event_Notification Object ([_notificationName] => FrontController.NoConfigurationFile,[_notificationObject] => Exception Object ([] => The configuration file {/home/toonamo/public_html/analytics/config/config.ini.php} has not been found.,[] => ,[] => 0,[] => /home/toonamo/public_html/analytics/core/Config.php,[] => 121,[] => Array ([0] => Array ([file] => /home/toonamo/public_html/analytics/core/Piwik.php,[line] => 1811,[function] => init,[class] => Piwik_Config,[type] => ->,[args] => Array ()),[1] => Array ([file] => /home/toonamo/public_html/analytics/core/FrontController.php,[line] => 202,[function] => createConfigObject,[class] => Piwik,[type] => ::,[args] => Array ()),[2] => Array ([file] => /home/toonamo/public_html/analytics/index.php,[line] => 56,[function] => init,[class] => Piwik_FrontController,[type] => ->,[args] => Array ())),[] => ),[_notificationInfo] => Array (),[_notificationState] => 0,[_notificationCount] => 0))
#7 call_user_func_array(Array ([0] => Piwik_Installation Object ([] => Piwik_Installation_Controller),[1] => dispatch), Array ([0] => Piwik_Event_Notification Object ([_notificationName] => FrontController.NoConfigurationFile,[_notificationObject] => Exception Object ([] => The configuration file {/home/toonamo/public_html/analytics/config/config.ini.php} has not been found.,[] => ,[] => 0,[] => /home/toonamo/public_html/analytics/core/Config.php,[] => 121,[] => Array ([0] => Array ([file] => /home/toonamo/public_html/analytics/core/Piwik.php,[line] => 1811,[function] => init,[class] => Piwik_Config,[type] => ->,[args] => Array ()),[1] => Array ([file] => /home/toonamo/public_html/analytics/core/FrontController.php,[line] => 202,[function] => createConfigObject,[class] => Piwik,[type] => ::,[args] => Array ()),[2] => Array ([file] => /home/toonamo/public_html/analytics/index.php,[line] => 56,[function] => init,[class] => Piwik_FrontController,[type] => ->,[args] => Array ())),[] => ),[_notificationInfo] => Array (),[_notificationState] => 0,[_notificationCount] => 0))) called at [/home/toonamo/public_html/analytics/libs/Event/Dispatcher.php:213]
#8 Event_Dispatcher->addObserver(Array ([0] => Piwik_Installation Object ([] => Piwik_Installation_Controller),[1] => dispatch), FrontController.NoConfigurationFile) called at [/home/toonamo/public_html/analytics/core/PluginsManager.php:390]
#9 Piwik_PluginsManager->addPluginObservers(Piwik_Installation Object ([] => Piwik_Installation_Controller)) called at [/home/toonamo/public_html/analytics/core/PluginsManager.php:278]
#10 Piwik_PluginsManager->reloadPlugins() called at [/home/toonamo/public_html/analytics/core/PluginsManager.php:182]
#11 Piwik_PluginsManager->loadPlugins(Array ([0] => CorePluginsAdmin,[1] => CoreAdminHome,[2] => CoreHome,[3] => Proxy,[4] => API,[5] => Widgetize,[6] => LanguagesManager,[7] => Actions,[8] => Dashboard,[9] => MultiSites,[10] => Referers,[11] => UserSettings,[12] => Goals,[13] => SEO,[14] => UserCountry,[15] => VisitsSummary,[16] => VisitFrequency,[17] => VisitTime,[18] => VisitorInterest,[19] => ExampleAPI,[20] => ExamplePlugin,[21] => ExampleRssWidget,[22] => ExampleFeedburner,[23] => Provider,[24] => Feedback,[25] => Login,[26] => UsersManager,[27] => SitesManager,[28] => Installation,[29] => CoreUpdater,[30] => PDFReports,[31] => UserCountryMap,[32] => Live,[33] => CustomVariables)) called at [/home/toonamo/public_html/analytics/core/FrontController.php:209]
#12 Piwik_FrontController->init() called at [/home/toonamo/public_html/analytics/index.php:56]"]

[/quote]

any ideas on how to fix?

not sure what the problem was but it resolved itself.

tried again later in the evening and all went smooth and now it’s installed and working perfectly.

That’s an internal php error. Not much we can do from within Piwik, other than to suggest checking your memory_limit configuration.

Same problem occured today on our server running php 5.3.8 and piwik 1.7.1.

Some analysis showed it was probably caused by the apc byte code cache, see bug report on PHP :: Bug #58982 :: apc produces tons of warnings "Unable to allocate memory for pool."

To solve the error I added a “.htaccess” file to the document root of our piwik installation and inserted the following line:

php_flag apc.cache_by_default Off

CU
maxhb

[quote=maxhb]
Same problem occured today on our server running php 5.3.8 and piwik 1.7.1.

Some analysis showed it was probably caused by the apc byte code cache, see bug report on PHP :: Bug #58982 :: apc produces tons of warnings "Unable to allocate memory for pool."

To solve the error I added a “.htaccess” file to the document root of our piwik installation and inserted the following line:

php_flag apc.cache_by_default Off

CU
maxhb[/quote]

Solved my issue. We had stand-alone widgets running of different piwik stats for visitors to view and they all showed up with this ugly error. Found out if was APC causing all the drama. When I did the above code, it worked immediately. Thanks.