Trying to understand results returned by Actions.getPageUrls

When calling Actions.getPageUrls what does it mean when there are separate rows for labels such as

somelabel
/somelabel

where ‘somelabel’ will show 37 unique visits
and ‘/somelabel’ will show 10 unique visits

I know that ‘somelabel’ is a group/rollup of all pages under '/somelabel/'
I am wondering if the count of hits to ‘/somelabel’ is included in this rollup, or if I have to figure out a way to manually add them in?

E.g. to get the total number of unique visitors to a whole subdir that includes ‘/somelabel’ as well as ‘/somelabel/test1’, etc… can I just look at the count for ‘somelabel’ or do I have to add the counts for ‘/somelabel’ and ‘somelabel’?

Thanks,
Aaron

I’ve done some more close looking and see that sometimes the single row ‘/somelabel’ has more vistors/unique visitors than the group ‘somelabel’ and sometimes it is the other way around - which leads me to believe that the group ‘somelabel’ does NOT capture visits to the top-level url ‘/somelabel’ but only things under somelabel such as ‘somelabel/page1’.

This seems like incorrect behavior to me - is there any time where ‘/somelabel’ (e.g. really loading the default /somelabel/index.html) should be counted OUTSIDE of the group of other pages loaded under ‘somelabel/’?

Is there any way to include these in a rollup summary.

My end goal is to gauge the popularity of each section of the site - so as you can see - I would want the number of unique vistors for all of ‘/somelabel’ and not to have these broken out separately.

Please see the attached screenshot image for an example of what I am seeing.

Thanks,
Aaron

‘/somelabel’ reports views for the page /somelabel
/somelabel/index reports views for the page /somelabel/
/somelabel/page1 reports views for /somelabel/page1

Matt,

True, but there is also the very useful grouping of all pages UNDER /somelabel, which shows up as ‘somelabel’ with the plus next to it.

I find that to be very helpful, since the popularity of a site contained under the directory /somelabel SHOULD be the sum of hits to all underlying pages.

The question I am trying to answer is “how popular is the site made up of pages under /somelabel, including the top-level /somelabel page?”

With Piwik, it doesn’t seem I can answer that since /somelabel is counted separately from everything UNDER /somelabel.

Is this making sense? Did you take a look at the attached screenshot?

Thanks again,
Aaron

If you want to count, /somelabel in the group +/somelabe, then you have to redirect your page /somelabel to /somelabel/ (with final slash), then Piwik will count it in the group.