Tracking goals with piwik using wishlistmember and paypal?

I have a site I use as a membership site which runs on wordpress and wishlistmember. The payments are taken via paypal (subscription) and I was wondering exactly how or if piwik could track conversions (sales) and attribute them to the campaign the visitor originally came from?

I’m on 2.10.0.

I can’t see a reason why this shouldn’t be possible, but everything I have read is for a static php page.

Can this be done? If so, any idea’s how?

Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

if piwik could track conversions (sales) and attribute them to the campaign the visitor originally came from?

Check out: http://piwik.org/docs/tracking-campaigns/

Thanks for the reply but from your answer I see you are unfamiliar with wishlist member.

Tracking campaigns is the easy part, tracking them PAST wishlist member is where the trouble begins.

You see, piwik itself can track the process from start to finish no issues, BUT, wishlist member has it’s own set of verification rules which are issued from paypal, into the script which then verifies the payment via IPN.

If the payment is valid then it will present the visitor with a registration page (another step for piwik to hurdle), if not it will be sent to the home page (or a designated page).

Piwik can pass variables to paypal, which kind of get passed back, but when you hit the wishlist member software it all falls apart.

Piwik cannot track the hits past the page generated by the software as it has it’s own set of verification variables as mentioned above.

I have spoken to the creators and sadly due to the fact that they haven’t heard of piwik and you guys haven’t heard of wishlist member nobody knows how to do this lol

It’s sad as wishlist member is possibly the best selling plugin for wordpress now and to be able to add sign up tracking from relative campaigns would be very helpful indeed. And you could sell the plugin in their marketplace too lol