Tracking api performance

hello, i am trying to evaluate/set up piwik.

i was wondering if anyone had rough estimates of what performance i should be expecting when using the tracking api,

right now i am submitting chunks of 500 requests at a time, and this is taking upwards of 2 minutes to process by piwik.php

each request consists of the following params: idsite,rec,_id,cdt,url,urlref,ua,cip

i have ruled out the connection to the server itself (running piwik.php), as before i figured out that the api documentation erroneously says to submit url encoded requests (instead of json formatted) requests were batched at 5000, and came back almost instantly.

as an aside, is there any way to completely disable geo location? our data set happens to already have the maxmind information, but when i specify country/region/city in the request, it seems to do the standard lookup, then apply the api overrides after that.

also of note is that i disabled “Allow Piwik archiving to trigger when reports are viewed from the browser”

and set “Reports for today (or any other Date Range including today) will be processed at most every” 3600

as i am just trying to get importing as fast as possible at this point

See: How to configure Piwik for speed - Analytics Platform - Matomo
if you have any more tips let us know!