Total Unique Visitors - All Websites

I’ve checked the forums, Google, and anything else I can think of before posting, but I couldn’t find the answer to my question.

Is there a way to show the total number of unique visitors for all of my websites for a day? This seems really simple but I haven’t found a way to do it yet.

If it takes tinkering with the code, I don’t mind that but if you could, please be explicit in what I need to do. Ideally I’d like there just to be a row in the “All Websites” view that just shows totals for each column (page views, unique visitors, etc.)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jumper

What you need to do is set up goolge anylitics for all of your sites under one google anylitics account. You will have to paste a snippet of code on every page of your site in order to see accurate data and monitor visitor trends and see what pages they are viewing. I use it for 3 website and I can see how many visitors, what pages they viewed, how long they were on the site, where they are from, and how they found my sites. Google anylitics is a must have for any website. and its free. This sounds funny but google the term google anylitics and sign up and start, it is fairly easy and if your using wordpress they have simple plugins that make it a snap, goodluck

[quote=stevem98]
Jumper

What you need to do is set up goolge anylitics for all of your sites under one google anylitics account. You will have to paste a snippet of code on every page of your site in order to see accurate data and monitor visitor trends and see what pages they are viewing. I use it for 3 website and I can see how many visitors, what pages they viewed, how long they were on the site, where they are from, and how they found my sites. Google anylitics is a must have for any website. and its free. This sounds funny but google the term google anylitics and sign up and start, it is fairly easy and if your using wordpress they have simple plugins that make it a snap, goodluck

.[/quote]

I appreciate the feedback, but I’m trying to find a way to show this information using Piwik. I’m not interested in signing up for any of Google’s stuff. I enjoy the freedom that hosting my own analytics platform provides.

Honestly I’m not really sure why you’re singing the praises of G Analytics on Piwik’s site at all. That said, I’m still looking for a solution to display the total number of unique visitors on my All Websites page.

The same principle can be applied to Piwik. Add a site in Piwik which represents the aggregate of a set of sites. The only downside is pasting in another block of tracking code to your pages. (Multiple trackers are supported.)

Server-side aggregation isn’t available or on the near term roadmap, so the above is the only method at this time.

Ok, set up the entry that is acting as the catch-all, no problem.

When I’m looking at that entry’s dashboard and specifically the Entry and Exit pages. Is there a way to get it to show the domain by default in addition to the rest of the URL? It works when mousing over, but it’s rather cumbersome.

See the feature request (with solution) Add option that tracking tag groups Page titles by domain name · Issue #1657 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub