Tomcat log support

I have searched around here and have been unable to find out if Tomcat logs are supported. Using Tomcat as a backend is supported but i want analyze logs from a Tomcat server. Can anyone tell me if this is possible? The only page I could find was this one from 4 years ago https://forum.matomo.org/t/tomcat-import-log-issue/8518

Hello

our Log Analytics should support Tomcat: Log Analytics - Analytics Platform - Piwik
if you have any feedback or issue with it, please create tickets in the log analytics tracker here: Issues · piwik/piwik-log-analytics · GitHub

Thanks for the answer @matthieu Is this the AccessLogFilter enabled in log4j settings or are you referring to the Tomcat Valve component (AccessLogValve) in the server.xml?

I currently have extra log4j logging enabled but not the Tomcat valve to output (time, username, client used, IP Address, Request method, First line of the request (method and request URI), Bytes sent, etc)

In your link I dont see any reference to Tomcat, and hence my post here.

Hi @srhodes - I added Tomcat to the readme at: GitHub - matomo-org/piwik-log-analytics: Import any kind of server logs in Piwik for powerful log analytics. Universal log file parsing and reporting.

if you have any issue with it please create bug reports and we will follow up :+1: