The Matomo configuration file (config/config.ini.php) is not writable

Hi ,
I am a new user of matomo and trying to setup multi instance matomo infrastructure to avoid single point of failure.I am using puppet to automate this infrastructure setup.

Since we need to maintain the configuration files across the instances same we don’t want nginx to write every time in config.ini.php. So System administrators want to have the control on maintaining the config.ini.php. Plugins we will manually upload the folders and add the plugin information to config.ini.php.

But every-time when I load the matomo site I am getting - “The Matomo configuration file (config/config.ini.php) is not writable, some of your changes might not be saved. Please change permissions of the config file to make it writable.”

If I change the permission to nginx it works.But it will beat our purpose.

Please suggest how we can overcome from this issue.

Could you pls provide input.It’s blocking my development work.

There is currently no plan to allow a read-only config file for Matomo.

So, if you wanna do that you need to change the code yourself.

Hello, Actually there is possibility to make config.ini.php read-only. We have this documented internally but not yet published on the website. Please contact our support team if you want to learn the best practises: We offer support subscriptions for businesses worldwide to make the most out of Piwik analytics. - Analytics Platform - Matomo