The Magic is nearly back ;)

Hi Piwik Team!

First i wanted to mention that I updated today 3 installations of PIWIK (5.3 --> 5.4) automaitcally and everything went fine style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif
3 different Domains on 3 different hosts! Thx for the good work! The whole project is impressive and I REALY appreciate what you guys are doing!

So far the good things style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

I have a 4th installation witch worked fine until yesterday - suddenly i get the
following errors when I open the piwik directory in the browser:

The mysql driver is not currently installed
Backtrace:

#0 /var/www/web1108/html/***/piwik/libs/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(96): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->_connect()
#1 /var/www/web1108/html/***/piwik/core/Db/Pdo/Mysql.php(30): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->_connect()
#2 /var/www/web1108/html/***/piwik/core/Piwik.php(1479): Piwik_Db_Pdo_Mysql->getConnection()
#3 /var/www/web1108/html/***/piwik/core/FrontController.php(218): Piwik::createDatabaseObject()
#4 /var/www/web1108/html/***/piwik/index.php(103): Piwik_FrontController->init()
#5 {main}

Any Idea what can cause this problem ?

THX for any hint & have a nice day!

If you have the mysqli extension for PHP, you can change the adapter line from PDO_MYSQL to MYSQLI in config/config.ini.php.

Otherwise, ask your hosting provider. It looks like they disabled the pdo mysql driver.

On my hosting i had contacted the admin about PDO but before i get the reply, i found that i simply had to put a php.ini file on the domain root containing :

; Extensions
extension=pdo.so
extension=pdo_mysql.so

After that i was able to install Piwik a first time.

[quote=TulipVorlax @ Dec 19 2009, 03:40 AM]On my hosting i had contacted the admin about PDO but before i get the reply, i found that i simply had to put a php.ini file on the domain root containing :

After that i was able to install Piwik a first time.[/quote]
Ok but my PIWIK was running already very fine until yesterday… style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif

Ich changed to the config.ini.php to MYSQLI - same problem…
Sent an email to the provider - will see what they say.

THX everybody for the help!

I have been having similar problems too and I think the best remedy now is to contact the support. I hope they get it rectified quick.

[quote=TulipVorlax @ Dec 19 2009, 03:40 AM]On my hosting i had contacted the admin about PDO but before i get the reply, i found that i simply had to put a php.ini file on the domain root containing :

After that i was able to install Piwik a first time.[/quote]

The PDO SQL parser sometimes causes many bugs, Thanks for the solution.

Mike