Temp file permissions issue

Ever since i updated to version 1.5.1

the general.php, loctation: /httpdocs/PIWIK/tmp/cache/tracker/general.php

I set the permission to chod 777 by it keep changing every 15mins or so to chod 600 and its effecting my stats, can you tell me how a can force it to stay as 777 or why the reason this is happens, it was fine when i was using version 1.5 and 1.4, but not since this upgrade.

You need to give more information about your hosting configuration such as your hosting service.

[quote=JulienM]
You need to give more information about your hosting configuration such as your hosting service.[/quote]

using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS with EHCP (control panel)

chown is instlled id that helps?

[quote=budgierless]
Ever since i updated to version 1.5.1

the general.php, loctation: /httpdocs/PIWIK/tmp/cache/tracker/general.php

I set the permission to chod 777 by it keep changing every 15mins or so to chod 600 and its effecting my stats, can you tell me how a can force it to stay as 777 or why the reason this is happens, it was fine when i was using version 1.5 and 1.4, but not since this upgrade.[/quote]

What is the reason behind giving execution permission to a .php file ? 600 seems fine.

well if that is the case then something else is wrong with the cache, becase i have to chmod that file if i want to avoid the: Opps somwthing want wrong message, also the realtime visitors info would not be updated fully if i dont.

set your default umask

[quote=vipsoft]
set your default umask[/quote]

sorry know idea what you mean, what is umask, where is it, and how to i set it to default?

thanks

Ask your sysadmin. Where it’s set and how it’s set will depend on your environment.

[quote=vipsoft]
Ask your sysadmin. Where it’s set and how it’s set will depend on your environment.[/quote]

I run my own server, its just i never heard of that term yet, so i dont know what it is. I use Ubuntu Server by the way.

EDIT: thanks i understand now from this post: What is Umask and How To Setup Default umask Under Linux? - nixCraft