System check - File integrity check - ignore hidden files or add ignore filter list

I create a subdomain just for Matomo and install it in the root of that subdomain but system check is stating that file integrity check have failed.

it turn out that it complaining about the .user.ini which is also in the root dir and it to put custom php.ini value in it like the “always_populate_raw_post_data =-1” which Matomo requires. Also on another server, it complaining about the php.ini in the root dir as well too… Both two files are common on shared hosting to allow custom php value to be used without affecting the global php.ini

I think there should be a ignore filter setting added in Matomo so we could set it to tell Matomo to ignore whatever filename it may find in its’ root dir.

1 Like

Hi,

In fact such a list already exists and I agree that those two should be added.

If you wan’t to you can change it directly on Github and open an pull request, oterwise I can do it when I find some time.

When I saw your post, I was thinking oh a simple fix then I went and edited my global.php for a temporary fix but then it complains about the global.php file size mismatch so I took it out and I will ignore the warning for now and wait for it to be added in next update.

It’s good that .user.ini and php.ini is a candidate to be added on this list because it a common files on shared hosting but I still thinks that there should be a feature where we can manually add files in the admin setting area something like an edit box allowing us to add filename per line then save it.

Hi,

I made a pull request fixing it.

1 Like