Stupid admin bug! -- SyntaxError: expected expression, got end of script

Hi,

I’ve got a REALLY annoying bug :frowning:

At first, I thought I must have been corrupting it somehow (not sure how, but the fact it did it a couple of times in a row … but I’m not sure thats the issue now, as it literally did it right after a fresh install, and then forced reload)

Way to replicate:

1. Install Piwik, and then setup the tracking.
  2. Go to the admin panel… all good (loads).
  3. Then, do a forced reload… and I get a horrible error:

SyntaxError: expected expression, got end of script
this.source=function(t,n){s.xhr&&s.xhr.abort(),s.xhr=e.ajax(

index.p…a902ada (line 13, col 32011)ReferenceError: $ is not defined
$(function () {

Here is a screenshot of FF and Firebug alongside each other. As you can see, all the main content is blank - and there are 2 big fat nasty errors:

http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=5c6d7b2

Any suggestions? I’ve tried doing full removal, re-install, etc etc… 3 times… and every one of them has the same issue. Damn annoying :frowning:

TIA

Andy

can you try to delete piwik/tmp folder and try again?

can you check your Administration > System check that there is no error/warning?

Hi,

Sorry - I didn’t get notified of this reply.

In System Check, I have a few small errors - but no biggies:

Renaming the /tmp folder to /tmpfoo , and then re-running the admin panel homepage - I get the exact same error message :frowning:

I contacted my tech, and it looks like it was a permissions issue in nginx php-fpm:

2016/04/28 19:12:35 [crit] 7490#7490: *97849 open() “/var/cache/nginx/fastcgi_temp/2/30/0000001302” failed (13: Permission denied) while reading upstream, client: x.x.x.x, server: xxxx.co.uk, request: “GET /track/index.php?module=Proxy&action=getCoreJs&cb=f0fea36ab05ecd293371cf35fa902ada HTTP/1.1”, upstream: “fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:”, host: “xxxx.co.uk”, referrer: “http://xxxx.co.uk/track/index.php?module=CoreHome&action=index&idSite=1&period=day&date=yesterday

Set them correctly, and seems to be working well now

Cheers

Andy